Best Auto Detailing Carpet Extractor in 2023
Mytee S-300H Tempo Heated Carpet & Upholstery Extractor
Portable Carpet Cleaner Extractor Cleaning Vacuum Machine - Powerful/Lightweight/Perfect for Mobile Auto Detailing | Car Detail/Upholstery/Home/Clean Spot/Tool/Supply/Shampooer/Spotter by Aqua Pro Vac
- Powerfully sprays water under pressure at 58 psi deep into the pile or fabric.
- Includes external clear sight spray detail tool and stainless steel floor tool and clear sight floor tool
- Portable, light weight and on casters for easy mobility...great for auto detailing
- Powerful vacuum motor cleans stains in one pass.
- Removable 1.5 gallon solution and 1.6 recovery tanks for extended cleaning between refills
Closed Spray Auto Detailing and Upholstery Cleaning Wand by American Extractors
- Closed-spray design prevents overspray
- Heavy-duty stainless steel construction
- Fits most carpet extractors, truckmounts and detail machines
- Fits 1.5" hose cuffs / male 1/4" solution hose coupler
- Made in USA
Drillbrush 3 Piece Drill Brush Cleaning Tool Attachment Kit for Scrubbing/Cleaning Furniture, Carpet, Chairs, Shower Door Glass, and Leather â€“ Drill Brush Wheel Cleaner Kit
- White Soft Original Drillbrush Power Scrubber can reach into interior corners and wheel spokes.
- 4-inch diameter flat brush is perfect for carpets, floor mats, Tonneau Covers, and door panels.
- Tight spot? 2-inch scrub brush has better mobility to access around grill and wheel recesses.
- All brushes feature rugged steel, quarter-inch, quick-change shafts. Fits drills AND drivers.
- Drillbrush Products have a 90 day no questions Money back Guarantee if not completely satisfied.
Happy Tree Upholstery & Auto Detailing Hand Wand with See-Through Plastic Head Carpet Mattress Car Cleaning Carpet Truck Mount Extractor Truckmount
- Transparent cleaning tool for upholstery / car / auto detail
- See-through head lets you view your dirty recovery work
- Use for upholstery cleaning, automatic details and mattress cleaning
- The hose sleeve has an inside diameter of 1.9"(48mm). Clear vacuum cleaner width: 3.5"(90 mm)
- Fits vacuum hose in 1.9"(48mm) outer diameter
BISSELL SpotClean ProHeat Portable Spot and Stain Carpet Cleaner, 2694, Blue
- Tank capacity 37 Ounces; Heatwave technology maintains consistent water temperature while cleaning
- 3 inch tough stain tool for cleaning stairs, upholstery and hard to reach places
- Deep reach tool removes embedded dirt and stains from the bottom up; dirt tank capacity
- Self Cleaning tool makes cleaning out the machine a breeze
- Removable water tanks for easy filling and emptying
American Extractors Upholstery and Auto Detailing Hand Wand with Viewing Window
- Brass valve
- Helpful viewing window on vacuum head
- Compatible with portable extractors & truckmounts
- Built to last / Made in USA
- Standard 1.5" vacuum tubing / male coupler
Mytee Lite New 8070 Heated 120PSI w/Hose & Wand, and Mini Blaster
- 1,000-watt in-line heater produces hot water to 210-degrees that quickly breaks up grease and dirt.
- 15 ft vacuum and solution hose along with the 3" stainless steel upholstery tool are included.
- 3-stage vacuum motor with 130" of water lift - highest in its class!
- Effective Cleaning/Spotting for: General Carpet, Upholstery/Furniture, Car Interior
- Comes with Hose, Wand, Mini Blaster, 5" Rough Pad, De Solv All qt
Mytee Lite 8070 Heated Carpet Extractor W/Free Chemicals
- Performance - The New Mytee-Lite now boasts an improved high performance 3-stage vacuum motor featuring 100 CFM and 130" of water lift! This unit also carries a 120 PSI pump, while putting out 1.3 GPM. Also, it has had modifications to its 1,000W heater making it the most efficient in its class, and reaching temperatures of 210ºF.
- Convenience - Mytee also equipped the new Mytee-Lite with a 15' vacuum and internal solution hose combo. Also, a new handle with deeper baskets and a hanger for hoses. Additionally, now have the option to fill your extractor unit with a bucket or faucet fill. Finish your extracting work easily, with the new easy-empty tank drains.
- Safety - This unit now has 6" wheels and 2" locking casters in front, for stabilization and to prevent unwanted movement. In addition it now has a 25' lighted power cord. The lighted power cords indicator plug glows when the cord has power. Finally, this heated extractor now has waterproof switches that add protection against dust and water intrusion.
Sandia 50-4000 Spot-Xtract 3-Gallon Spot Extractor Heater, 15' Hoses, 4" Stainless Steel Hand Tool, 55 psi Pump, 100 CFM, 804W, 2-Stage Motor up to 200 Degree F Heater
- 3 gallon solution tank
- 3 gallon recovery tank
- 103 cubic feet per minute
- 95-Inch water lift
- 1 year warranty in parts
Starting a Home-Based Auto Detailing Business
There are millions of vehicles on the road in the USA. Most people appreciate a clean and detailed vehicle. An auto detailing business can be a perfect home-based business and can be started on a shoestring budget.
The auto detailing business provides auto cleaning and detailing services to private vehicle owners and to businesses. The auto detailing business can be started on a shoestring budget and operated as a home-based business. Very little overhead is required to start an auto detailing business.
The United States Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) compiles occupational projections data on many occupations. The agency does not maintain a dedicated category for auto detailers though, instead lumping these workers in with "cleaners of vehicles and equipment."
This broad and somewhat nebulous category, cleaners of vehicles and equipment, accounted for nearly 350,000 US jobs in 2020. The occupational outlook anticipates a modest one percent growth over the decade from 2020 - 2018. BLS reports that median annual wages in this occupation are "very low" at $19,450. 6.5 percent of vehicle and equipment cleaners are self-employed.
Many people considering starting an auto detailing business may already have a nice collection of supplies and equipment for their business. However, you will typically need cleaning supplies, a buffer, a vacuum, and possibly a shampoo machine for cleaning carpet and upholstery. Some auto detailers start with homeowner equipment and upgrade to commercial equipment once they are seeing regular sales. This can keep your start-up costs lower, but sometimes this can cost you money early on too if it takes longer to complete a vehicle detailing because of inadequate equipment or supplies.
This business can be operated out of a business location, a home garage (if local zoning allows), or as a mobile business where you go to the customer. The biggest challenges with taking the detailing business to the customer may be water and weather. Some mobile detailers carry water in a tank in their pickup truck or van. This allows them to have water on sites without an easy water connection. Mobile detailers also sometimes carry a portable awning that can be set up over the vehicle to provide some relief from the hot summer sun. Finally, electricity may be an issue if you need to run an electric vacuum or buffer. A portable generator could solve this problem in the cases where a reliable electrical connection was not available.
This business many be targeted toward private vehicle owners, fleet vehicle owners, or toward auto sales lots. Each target market will require a different marketing approach. While it is certainly possible to operate a cross-over business that services more than one market, it will be easier early on to focus on one or two markets for your business.
When dealing with private vehicle owners, many auto detailing businesses prefer to target owners of expensive vehicles believing that they will be more likely to spend for auto detailing. Even within the private vehicle market there is room for additional niches.
Distributing brochures and business cards to locations where car owners may congregate can be a good way to promote your business. Posting brochures at an auto parts store, for example, would allow you to target people who are interested in maintaining their vehicles. Community bulletin boards can be another good location for brochures and business cards.
Direct mail campaigns can also be effective, particularly if coupled with a coupon or special offer. Mailing lists can be purchased online with precise demographic profiling. This approach allows you to get a brochure and business card into the hands of customers who fit the demographic you are seeking for your business.
Setting up a business website can help attract local customers. By optimizing your site for local search it will be easy for customers searching for auto detailing in your city or area to locate your business. Your website should include a description of services, photos of your work, testimonials from satisfied customers, prices, and any appropriate information about locations and hours of operation.
Business accounts, such as fleet accounts or used car sales lots, can be approached directly. Many companies are outsourcing now and it is likely that these companies are no exception. Rates may sometimes be lower from these companies, but they may also not expect the same level of service that private customers expect. In any event, a contract with a few corporate accounts could keep you busy in between the higher paying private customers.
Consider putting a sign or lettering on your work vehicle if you are providing mobile services. Putting a sign on your vehicle turns it into a rolling billboard. This is particularly good advertising when you are working at someone's house. If the vehicle looks nice when you are finished you may just get a call from a neighbor who was impressed with your work. In any event, a sign or lettering on your vehicle raises your profile in the city or area where you live and work.
Commercial equipment may cost more than homeowner-grade equipment, though it will almost certainly pay for itself in the long run. Many detailers start with what they already own and upgrade as they are able.
Be sure to insure your vehicle for business use if you are using your vehicle for business. Your insurance company may disclaim responsibility if your vehicle is not properly insured for business use.
Any time you are working on someone else's expensive property it can be a good idea to have business liability insurance. This could be a real lifesaver if you accidentally back a $50,000 car into a post while you are working on the vehicle! Your insurance agent can advise you about what type of insurance would be best for your business.
The auto detailing business can be a lot of hard work, and sometimes hard, dirty work. Nonetheless, this business offers some good profit potential for those who enjoy working with cars or who enjoy making things look nice and new again.
The auto detailing business can be started on a shoestring budget and operated from a home-based office. This keeps the start-up costs and operational costs low. This also affords maximum flexibility for the auto detailer who wants to work on their own.
United States Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics. Site accessed on 7 October 2020.
Starting an Automobile Detailing Business. Auto Detailing: Secrets of the Experts. Site accessed on 12 November 2020.
Hubert Kolodziejski. Starting a Car Detailing Business How to Guide: Start a Detailing Business of Your Own. . Site accessed on 12 November 2020.
Hubert Kolodziejski. How to Start a Mobile Auto Detailing Business: Starting a Mobile Auto Detailing Business is a Little Different Than a Fixed Location. . Site accessed on 12 November 2020.
Sue Barrett. How to Start an Auto Detailing Business. Sooper Articles. Site accessed on 12 November 2020.