Best Automotive Carpet Dye in 2020
ColorBond (271) Black Carpet Refinisher - 12 oz.
- Won't crack, flake, or peel
- OEM Specified
- Will work on any part of a vehicle
- Dry to the touch in 45 seconds
- Fully bonded in 10 minutes
Dupli-Color HVP106 Flat Black High Performance Vinyl and Fabric Spray - 11 oz
- The Duple-Color Scratch Fix All-In-1 Touch-Up Tool Features An Abrasive Prep Tip, Exact-Color Match Paint, And Clear Coat
- We Are The Only Brand With Colors Tested And Approved By Vehicle Manufacturers For A Perfect Match To The Original Factory Finish When Restoring That Scratch Or Chip
- Through Creativity, Productivity And Innovation - This Brand Continues To Develop The Finest Automotive Accessories
S. M. Arnold Beige Leather, Carpet, Vinyl & Hard Plastic Refinisher [65-201], 11. Fluid_Ounces
- A tough, fade resistant refinisher that won't split, crack, peel or rub off
- Use confidently to restore, renew, and rejuvenate automotive carpet, leather, vinyl and plastic
- Grain simulation is never altered or hidden no matter how many times it is applied
- Dry to the touch in 90 seconds and adheres within 10 minutes
- Use it to restore or change the original color
Automotive Carpet Dye Kit - Dark Brown
Rust-Oleum, Flat Black 248919 Automotive Fabric & Vinyl Spray Paint, 11-Ounce
- Ideal for use on car seats, car door panels, vinyl car tops, dashboards, floor mats and more
- Provides excellent adhesion that won't rub off, crack or peel
- Dries to the touch in as little as 10 minutes and covers up to 12 sq ft
- Any-angle spray technology with comfort tip for easy project completion
- Restores color on vinyl, simulated leather and some fabrics with a flat sheen
- Use on vinyl furniture, luggage, car seats, car door panels, vinyl car tops, dashboards, floor mats and more.
- Fast drying
- Contains actual vinyl for maximum flexibility
- Provides excellent adhesion that won't crack or peel
- This item is not for sale in Catalina Island
Rit 02226 DYE More, 7-Ounce, Graphite
- Dye synthetic fabric and fabric blends, which include anything with 35% or more polyester, acrylic, acetate or nylon. Perfect for rejuvenating faded clothing, upcycling, hiding laundry accidents and so much more
- With 250+ color recipes available on Rit’s website, it is almost certain you’ll find the right color for your needs
- Get creative and create something unique with an easy dye technique, like an ombré, dip dyed, shibori or tie-dye pattern
- Due to the complexity of dyeing synthetic fabrics, you must use this dye in a stainless steel pot on your stove top to maintain a high water temperature throughout the duration of dyeing. Cannot be used in a washing machine
- If dyeing fabric with less than 35% synthetic fabric (i. e. polyester, acrylic or acetate), use Rit All-Purpose Dye instead
Hi-Tech Vinyl Plastic & Carpet Dye - 16 oz. (Desert Tan)
- Use confidently to restore, renew, and rejuvenate automotive carpet, vinyl, and plastic.
- Easy to blend into faded fiber areas of carpets.
- Covers and conceals carpet blemishes.
- Works great on carpets and mats that are just too stained to come perfectly clean.
Detail King Automotive Carpet Dye- Black
- Perfect for faded carpets that need rejuvenated!
- Available in 19 popular colors.
- Restores that "pop" to auto carpets.
SEM Paints SEM15243 Satin Black Color Coat Aerosol
- Excellent for vinyl, plastic, carpet and velour
- Elastomeric coating - will not crack
- Superior adhesion, flexibility and hiding
- Ready to spray
All-Purpose Liquid Dye, Tan
- Deliver vibrant color to almost any type of fabric or fabric blend, including cotton, linen, silk, wool, rayon, ramie or nylon. This dye can even color wood, wicker, paper and cork
- Perfect for rejuvenating faded clothing, changing the color of apparel, shoes or accessories, coordinating home décor, hiding laundry accidents and so much more
- Get creative and create something unique with an easy dye technique, like an ombré, dip dyed, marbled, shibori or tie-dye pattern
- With 1,000+ color recipes available on Rit’s website, it is almost certain you’ll find the right color for your needs
- If dyeing fabric with 35% or more polyester, acrylic or acetate, use Rit DyeMore Synthetic Fiber Dye instead
Batik: You Can Do This Unique Fabric Dyeing In Your Own Home
Batik is a wax-resistant dyeing technique used to create beautiful designs on pieces of fabric.
After gathering the needed supplies, it is time to prepare the fabric. Wash and dry the fabric, then iron all the wrinkles out so that the fabric is flat. Place the fabric on the hoop or on the cookie sheet and pull the fabric taught. Now apply the design to the fabric using a pencil.
Using the electric skillet, melt the wax, being careful not to burn it. Melted wax should be clear, do not allow it to turn yellow, which indicates that it is too cold. After the wax is melted, apply it to the portion of the design that is to remain the original of the fabric using the Tjant and brushes. Make sure the wax penetrates the fabric.
While the wax is cooling, prepare the dye bath using the lightest color of Procion Mx Fiber-Reactive Dye. After making sure the wax is very cool, remove the fabric from the hoop or cookie sheet being careful not to crack the wax unless you want veins in the design. Dip the fabric into the dye, making sure all the fabric is emerged into the dye, then rinse with cold water. Gently hand-wash the fabric in coldwater and allow to air dry. After the fabric is dry, repeat the entire process. Apply the wax to portions of the fabric that you want to remain the color that was just used to dye the fabric, and then dye with the next lightest color. Repeat this procedure of waxing and dyeing until the design on the fabric is what you want, making sure to wash, rinse and air dry between each color.
When the design on the fabric is finished, the wax will need to be removed. Use the large cooking pot and place the fabric in it. Fill the pot with water and place it on a cooking stove. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and continue until all the wax floats to the top of the pot. Remove the pot from the heat and allow to cool. After the pot has cooled, simply remove the wax. This wax can be re-used.
Try the Batik technique if you are in the mood to try something different. This unique fabric dyeing technique can be as intricate or as simple as you want to make it. Give it a try, you may just like it!