Best Carpet And Upholstery Flea Spray in 2023
Zodiac Carpet & Upholstery Aerosol Spray, 16-ounce
Flea, Tick and Bedbug Carpet and Upholstery Spot Spray, 16 oz, Advantage
- Kills fleas and brown dog ticks
- Kills bed bugs and dust mites where they hide
- Provides indoor two-week control on carpet, wood and ceramic surfaces
- Will not stain water-safe fabrics or surfaces
- Brought to you by Bayer
Zodiac Carpet & Upholstery Pump Spray, 24-ounce
- Kills fleas, flea eggs, flea larvae, ticks, roaches, ants, bed bugs and other insects
- 7 month protection
- Treats up to 300 sq. ft.
- Leaves no lingering odor, sticky mess or stains
Adams Plus Flea and Tick Carpet Spray, 16 Ounce
- Kills fleas, ticks, flea eggs, and flea larvae in your home
- A single can covers 2,000 square feet
- One treatment protects for 7 months after treatment, keeping home pest free
- Leaves no lingering odors, no stains, and no sticky mess
- For home use only; do not spray directly on pets
Vet's Best Flea & Tick Home Spray for Cats | Flea Treatment for Cats & Home | Flea Killer with Certified Natural Oils | 32 oz
- JUST FOR CATS - Vet’s Best Flea and Tick Home Spray for Cats is formulated with cats in mind and kills fleas, flea larvae, flea eggs, and ticks by contact without harsh chemicals.
- PROVEN EFFECTIVE - Whether facing an active infestation or are applying for routine prevention, Vet's Best Home Spray for Cats is scientifically proven effective against pests but gentle enough to use around the whole family.
- CERTIFIED NATURAL OILS - Each steam-distilled essential oil is selected for its potent pest-fighting properties and is 100% Certified Natural.
- TOTAL HOME DEFENSE - Applies easily on cat furniture, crates, pillows, blankets, upholstery, carpets, outdoor surfaces, and more. Also gentle enough to be applied directly on cats 12 weeks or older when used as directed.
PETARMOR Home and Carpet Spray for Fleas and Ticks, Protect Your Home From Fleas and Eliminate Pet Odor, 16 Ounce
- LONG LASTING CONTROL: PetArmor Home & Carpet Spray kills all stages of fleas and protects against reinfestation for up to 7 months. Kills fleas, dust mites and lice.
- PET ODOR: PetArmor Flea and Tick Home and Carpet Spray contains a pet odor eliminator, has a clean fresh scent, and is available in a 16 oz. aerosol can.
- EFFECTIVE AGAINST PESTS: PetArmor Home Spray kills fleas, flea eggs, flea larvae, ticks, bed bugs, lice and dust mites.
- PROTECT YOUR HOME: Find fleas or ticks on your pet? They are probably in your home. Fleas lay up to 50 eggs a day. PetArmor Home Carpet Power helps you in the fight against fleas and ticks.
- PETS ARE FAMILY: PetArmor flea and tick home products help you confidently protect your furry family member from fleas and ticks at home without a visit to the vet.
Vet's Best Flea and Tick Home Spray | Flea Treatment for Dogs and Home | Flea Killer with Certified Natural Oils | 32 Ounces
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS: Vet’s Best Flea and Tick Home Spray kills fleas, flea larvae, flea eggs, ticks and mosquitoes by contact without harsh chemicals
- PROVEN EFFECTIVE: Whether facing an active infestation or are applying for routine prevention, our spray is scientifically proven effective against pests but gentle enough to use around the whole family
- CERTIFIED NATURAL OILS: Each steam distilled essential oil is selected for its potent pest fighting properties and is 100% Certified Natural
- TOTAL HOME DEFENSE: Applies easily on surfaces, indoors and out, including dog bedding, crates, furniture, blankets, upholstery, carpets, outdoor surfaces, and more. Also gentle enough to be applied directly on dogs and puppies 12 weeks or older
Zodiac Carpet & Upholstery Powder, 16-ounce
- Kills all stages of the flea life cycle: flea eggs, flea larvae, pupae and adult fleas
- Controls reinfestation for up to 12 months
- Treats up to 400 square feet
- Fresh citrus scent
Vet-Kem Carpet Premise Spray - 16 oz
- Controls fleas, ticks, ants and cockroaches
- Use as a spot treatment on carpets, rugs, upholstery, drapes and other places where fleas may hide
- For use in apartments, homes, garages, automobiles, kennels, pet bedding and furniture infested with fleas and ticks
- Prevents reinfestation and flea build-up for seven months
- Treats 2, 000 square feet
Virbac Knockout E.S. Area Treatment Carpet Spray, 16-Ounce
- Can prevent flea infestations from developing for up to 7 months
- One 16 oz. can covers 2,100 square feet
- Reaches fleas hidden in carpets, rugs, drapes, upholstery, pet bedding and floor cracks
- No mess; Leaves no unpleasant odor or sticky mess and, when used as directed, does not stain furnishings
Merial Frontline Plus and Bayer Advantage Flea Control Kits for Dogs and Cats for Sale Online: Review, Cost and Proper Dosage
A personal, comparative in depth review of Merial Frontline Plus and Bayer Advantage flea control kits and where to buy them. I also cover average cost and proper dosage for flea control products and how to properly apply flea treatments.
With pets come fleas and ticks in the yard and home. For years the only option was to spray or wash the pets with flea and tick control and use flea collars. I couldn't tell if any of these products had killed a single flea or tick. Washing was your best bet to rid flea infestations until now. Today we regularly use Advantage and Frontline flea kits purchased online. Here are my suggestions for buying and using these economical flea kits.
How Advantage and Frontline Plus Flea Kits Work?
Bayer Advantage's active ingredient is imidacloprid and Frontline Plus by Merial contains the chemical fipronil. Both are strong pesticides that absorb into the animals skin and is passed through the oil glands to the hair follicles for up to a month killing all fleas in a day and ticks in two days. Basically once the pest bites your treated pet it becomes paralyzed and dies.
What is the Proper Dosage of Bayer Advantage and Merial Frontline Plus for Dogs and Cats and How to Apply Correctly?
First, Advantage and Frontline Plus are both waterproof, but should be applied 24 hours AFTER washing your pet and you shouldn't wash your pet for 24 hours AFTER you apply the medication for best results.
When purchasing Bayer Advantage and Merial Frontline Plus flea kits on EBay or elsewhere you will get a dosage sheet, 1.0ml syringe, and glass vile. Dosage can be tricky; because too much is dangerous for your pet and too little will be ineffective. Below is an accurate dosage chart for both Advantage and Frontline flea kits. You may have to adjust dosage to get the most out of your kits as this is a guide.
Cats up to 9 pounds - 0.4ml
Cats 10+ pounds - 0.8ml
Dogs 11-20 pounds - 1.0ml
Dogs 21-55 pounds - 2.5ml
Dogs 55+ pounds - 4.0ml
Bayer Advantage dosage by weight:
0.4ml = 0-10#
0.8ml = 11-20#
1.2ml = 21-30#
1.6ml = 31-40#
2.0ml = 41-50#
2.4ml = 51-60#
2.8ml = 61-70#
3.2ml = 71-80#
Merial Frontline Plus dosage guidelines:
Dogs 11-22 pounds - 0.67ml
Dogs 23-44 pounds - 1.34ml
Dogs 45-88 pounds - 2.68ml
Dogs 89-132 pounds - 4.0ml
We have Canadian Lynx, house cats in an outside cage and dogs that we treat. Fleas and pest are everywhere, even in my reptile cages. It's important that the treatment is put between the shoulder blades and applied directly to the skin. Pets can be leery of syringes, but usually won't be bothered by this treatment if stimulated in other ways. It may be necessary to slowly apply the treatment, because the product doesn't absorb into the skin fast enough. If too much is absorbed into the hair it won't be as affective and may require another treatment.
If you have rowdy dogs or cats, separate them long enough for the pesticide to dry completely before allowing playing together.
Where to Buy Bayer Advantage and Merial Frontline Plus Flea Kits and What to Watch Out For?
Typically, I shop EBay for flea kits and fish food that I talk about in my article, Where to Buy Cheap Fish Food ,Tropical Fish Flakes and Algae Wafers in Bulk Online . I like to use the same sellers, so I know what type of package I will receive and delivery time. I've learned from other sellers to pay attention to more than prices, because there are knockoffs of Frontline and Advantage flea products. Also, flea control products expire, so make sure you are not receiving an expired product.
Multiple pet owners will benefit from buying larger supplies. Twelve month and six month supplies are commonly offered online, but be aware if it's for cats or dogs and the animal dosage size. When buying a kit they give you this break down, but if you already have the kit and want more supply you can shop other sellers.
How Much Advantage and Frontline Plus Flea Kits Cost?
My last purchase on EBay was for Frontline Plus for Dogs 6-Packs 6-Months (89-132 Lbs) and I paid $54.39 total (free shipping). This is average cost for a six month supply, but you may save more buying a twelve month supply (Not always). Advantage is usually about $2 cheaper for 6 doses, but I can't always find the right seller.
My Results Using Bayer Advantage and Merial Frontline Plus Flea Kits and How Often I apply.
I have read debates comparing the two products, but personally feel Advantage flea control products are more effective. I've had to reapply Frontline Plus after only a week on my shih-tzu that is first to become infested and the fleas can easily be spotted on her. When treated properly and working effectively you should only spot a couple of fleas or dead fleas after the first full day and dogs and cats with a buildup of flea eggs in their coat should clear in a week after brushing or grooming.
Both products are strong pesticide, so I still have worries about over applying and long term use. I accidently touched my lip after applying once and it tingled for the whole day. Some pets may have an allergic reaction, but mine have not and I have read that some animals become tolerant of Frontline making it less effective, which might explain the lower success rate. Both products have worked for me though and are far superior to any spray or flea collar for total removal of pest.
Personally, I don't reapply Fronline Plus or Advantage every 30 days as suggested. I reapply every other month in the summer months and once in the winter months when pest are less active to prevent infestations. This method has worked well and prevents outbreaks on my pets as well as saves in cost. $55 generally gets me through most of the year treating six pets. (Mostly small)
Please visit my DIY website @ DIYforanyone.com for more money saving ideas and pet care tips.