10 Best Carpet For Wheelchair User
Updated on: June 2023
Best Carpet For Wheelchair User in 2023
Medline Lightweight and User-Friendly Wheelchair with Flip-Back, Desk-Length Arms and Elevating Leg Rests for Extra Comfort, Gray, 20 inch Seat
- Flip-back, desk-length arms make it easy to sit comfortably at tables | Elevating leg rests provide additional support and detach easily
- Comfortable and durable nylon upholstery
- Premium welds ensure durability and dual axle hemi-height adjustable, adjustable-height back
- Smooth-rolling mag wheels with low-maintenance flat-free tires | Foot-powered movement with 2” seat-height adjustments (hemi-height)
- 300-lb. weight capacity | 33-lb. product weight, without leg rests
Medline Lightweight and User-Friendly Wheelchair with Flip-Back Desk Arms and Swing-Away Leg Rests for Easy Transfers, Gray, 16â€ x 16" Seat
- Flip-back, desk-length arms are great for dining | Swing-away, detachable leg rests make transfers easy
- Nylon upholstery is soft and comfortable. Latex free
- Mag wheels with smooth-rolling, flat-free tires for low maintenance | Foot-powered movement increases mobility with 2” seat-height adjustments (hemi-height)
- 300-lb. weight capacity | 33-lb. product weight, without leg rests | Seat dimensions are 16 x 16 inches
ProBasics Ultra Lightweight Wheelchair for Adults - Height Adjustable Seat - Flip Back Heaight Adjustable Desk Arms - Swing-Away Foot Rest, 16" x 16" Seat
- STRONG & DURABLE: Cross-brace Aluminum frame design with a black powder coat finish. Dual axle positioning for height adjustable seat (17” – 20”). Easy-to-clean, comfortable nylon upholstery that resists mildew and bacteria
- FEATURE RICH: 2 inch seat extension, adjustable anti-tippers, quick release rear wheels, height adjustable seat, flip-back height adjustable padded removable desk length arm rests. Tool-free foot riggings. Easy push-to-lock wheel locks.
- WHEELS: Composite handrims with 24" solid urethane tires. 8" x 1" solid rubber front casters. Precision sealed wheel bearings in front and rear ensure long lasting performance and reliability.
- CONFIGURABLE & ADJUSTABLE: Available with swing-away foot rests – with heel loops or elevating leg rests – with pneumatic pistons. This wheelchair will support a user up to 300 pounds.
- SPECIFICATIONS: Seat Widths - 16” | 18” | 20”; Seat Depth – 16 - 18" (with seat extension); Seat-To-Floor Height – 17.5" | 19.5”; Warranty - Limited lifetime on frame and one year on all parts.
NOVA Lightweight Transport Chair with Locking Hand Brakes, 12â€ Rear Wheels, Removable & Flip Up Arms for Easy Transfer, Anti-Tippers Included, Blue
- IDEAL FOR TRANSPORT, TRAVEL & SAFETY - Much easier for transporting and travel than a wheelchair. Our unique design is lightweight, simple to maneuver and folds easily and compactly. Comes with secondary wheel locks and removable Anti-Tippers for added safety.
- MOST VERSATILE DESIGN FOR ALL TERRAIN - Comes with NOVA’s patented locking hand brakes and 12” rugged rear wheels, allowing the companion to control the speed and park the brakes... a must for safety on inclines, bumps and all-terrain. Comes with an adjustable seat belt (adjusts up to 41”) and small storage pouch (9”W x 6.25”H) for keys and cell phone.
- EASY USER TRANSFER - Flip up and removable padded desk arms make transferring the user from a car, bed or chair much easier. Desk arms allow the user/transport chair to “ride up” to a desk or dining table.
- EASY TO USE FOOTRESTS - Footrests are easy to remove and lock back into place. They are easy to adjust and come with heel loops so the user can rest their feet. Footplate Height from Floor: 5” - 9”
- SPECIFICATIONS - Weight capacity: 300 pounds; Seat dimensions: 18.5”w x 15.75”d; Seat height: 20"; Opened overall width: 25.75"; Product weight: 27 lb; Back height from seat: 17.75”; Arm height from seat: 10.5”.
Table-Mate V TV Tray Extra Large Folding Wheelchair and Overbed Table Adjustable to 6 Heights, 3 Angles for Multipurpose Use (Black)
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE to 6 heights and 3 angles for any reading, eating or working
- EXTRA WIDTH makes it especially convenient for use with wheelchairs and recliners
- INTENTIONALLY LIGHTWEIGHT designed to flex slightly when heavily loaded
- CLOSE COMFORT pull table to you as legs slide easily under couches and chairs
- EASY TO STORE simply fold to its compact size to store next to a couch or in a closet
Vaunn Medical Adjustable Overbed Bedside Table With Wheels (Hospital and Home Use)
- INFINITE TABLE POSITIONS: Light upward touch on spring-loaded locking handle allows the over bed table to be raised or lowered to any height between 28"- 40"
- PREMIUM FINISHING - Walnut wood-grained laminated top with flush-mounted T-molded edge design.
- IMPROVED DURABILITY & RELIABILITY - Heavy-gauge, CHROME-plated (not silver plated) welded tubular STEEL construction on a H-style base with 4" swivel casters. Provides long lasting stability and easy maneuverability.
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED BY DOCTORS - Top selling Overbed table in Hospitals and Clinics
- DIMENSIONS: 15"(D) x 30"(W) x 28-40"(H); Base Dimensions: 15.5"(D) x 26.5"(W); Table Top Dimensions: 30"(L) x 15"(W) x 0.75"(D)
Etekcity Digital Body Weight Bathroom Scale With Step-On Technology, 400 Lb, Body Tape Measure Included, Elegant Black
- Note - For best accuracy, please place the scale on a hard, flat surface. Avoid carpet or soft surface
- High accuracy - 4 latest-version high-precision sensors, using technology from Germany
- Multifunction - Auto calibration, auto-off, low battery and overload indication, easy to read backlit LCD display
- Strong Design - 6mm thick tempered glass provides exceptional sturdiness, large 11.8 in x 11.8 in platform
- Package Contents: 1 x Digital Weight Scale, 1 x User Manual, 2 x 1.5V AAA batteries, 1 x Tape Measure
- Directions: In Some Cases You May Need To Manually Calibrate The Scale After Changing Batteries Or Moving The Scale. To Manually Calibrate, Step On The Scale Then Step Off And Wait For The Lcd Screen To Display '0.0'. Step Back On The Scale To Weigh With Accurate Results
3" SafCord Carpet Cord Cover - Length: 12FT - Color: Black | Works only on Barber and Loop Style Carpet and Rugs
- Size: 3" | Length: 12 Feet | Color: Black
- ATTENTION: The product only works on certain types of carpet; these types are Berber and Loop style carpets. THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT WORK ON CUT PILE CARPETS
- The only non-adhesive solution for securing cords and cables to carpet and rugs | IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT TYPE OF CARPET YOU HAVE, CONTACT US WITH PHOTO AND WE WILL HELP YOU
- Perfect for use in stairways, hallways, office workstations, conference rooms, tradeshow booths, and doorways.
- Washable and reusable | Low profile which 'hugs' the surface beneath it which alleviates tripping.
NOVA Drop Arm (for Easy User Transfer) Transport Chair Commode, Rolling with Locking Wheels & Removable Padded Seat
- MULTI-PURPOSE wheeled commode that can also be used as a transport chair with a comfortable removable pad that fits on the commode seat converting to a transport chair. Bucket and lid are included and easy to slide in and out from the rear of the seat. NOT FOR USE IN THE SHOWER.
- EASY ASSEMBLY with no tools required. See video for assembly instructions. Not for use over a toilet.; Material Seat: Plastic
- SAFE and EASY TRANSFER with the quick release drop arm feature and removable swing-away footrests. No bending over to lock the wheels - they can be easily engaged or released with the foot pedal.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE WHEELS that are durable, easy to roll, rust resistance and with easy to engage foot petals. No need to bend to lock and unlock wheels.
- SPECIFICATIONS: Weight Capacity: 250 lb Overall dimensions: 21"W x 22.25"D; Width between arms: 17.5"; Arm height from seat: 9.25"; Seat Dimensions: 17.75”W x 17.5”D; Seat Height: 18.75" (20" w/ pad); Toilet Seat Opening: 8.75”W x 10”D; Product Weight: 21.7 lb
ELENKER Steerable Knee Walker Deluxe Medical Scooter for Foot Injuries Compact Crutches Alternative Black
- Easy Help Recovery - Ideal for individuals recovering from injury or surgery to the foot, ankle or lower leg as well as below the knee amputees.
- Easily Moved to Anywhere - With our knee cart, your recovery won't slow you down or stop you from enjoying your day. You don't have to worry about not being able to get around, perfect for navigating your home, work, supermarket, park. Please note: don't slide at high speed for your safety. Recommended speed: 1m/s.
- Comfortable - Using crutches requires extensive upper body strength, rubs under your armpits and is unstable. This knee walker is made for both indoor and outdoor use, it is a hands free / pain free crutch alternative and offers the most versatility among knee walkers.
- Lightweight & Durable:This lightweight yet sturdy knee walker offers a robust weight capacity, making sure you feel comfortable, stable and safe - no matter where you are.
- Adjustable and Compact: Steerable knee walker features handlebars with a quick release folding mechanism for easy transport and storage.
Michigan Man in Wheelchair Pushed Down Highway by Semi
When you cross the street at an intersection and get caught halfway as the stoplight turns green, you expect traffic to wait for you to finish crossing. But for Ben Carpenter, one semi-truck pushed him and his electric wheelchair over 5 files at speeds reaching 50 mph.
Originally reported by Producer Dom Coccaro, new details about the incident have emerged, including recordings of 911 calls (MP3 file) from motorists who witnessed the situation.
The man, Ben Carpenter, has muscular dystrophy and was crossing the street in his electric wheelchair when the stoplight changed to green. As the light changed, a semi-truck started moving directly toward Carpenter, whose wheelchair handles became lodged in the grille of the semi. The driver of the semi-truck apparently failed to notice Carpenter crossing the street. That's when the unexpected ride of a lifetime started.
For more than five miles, the semi-truck dragged Carpenter in his wheelchair down Red Arrow Highway in the town of Paw Paw around 4 p.m. Wednesday. The truck driver continued driving, unaware of the collision and unable to hear Carpenters cries for help. After reaching speeds of nearly 50 mph during the five-mile trip, the truck driver pulled into Ralph Moyle Trucking Company, which owns the semi-truck.
In an interview with WOOD-TV of Grand Rapids, Carpenter stated, "I was probably thinking that this is going to keep going and not stop anywhere, 50 or 60 miles somewhere... It was fast, I know that. Faster than this chair was made to go."
Carpenter also described the sound of the collision. "Kind of like train cars coming together, something like that... I thought it was kind of like a fair ride. I don't remember feeling any bumps though. I must have, but the road must have been pretty smooth."
At first, Michigan State Police Paw Paw Post and Van Buren County Central Dispatch thought calls from motorists were prank calls, but soon realized the unusual event was actually taking place on the highway.
As the Associated Press reports, motorists along the semi's route called emergency officials, as two undercover police officers witnessed the semi truck with Carpenter being pushed in front.
After reaching the trucking company where the truck finally stopped, troopers found Carpenter unharmed and unfazed. Even though a seatbelt secured Carpenter in his electric wheelchair, he was taken to a local hospital as a precaution.
When the police informed the truck driver of the situation, the driver did not believe them until stepping out of his truck and seeing Carpenter's wheelchair still lodged into the grille.
According to the Associated Press, Donald Carpenter, the man's father, said, "It's a very bad story that ended very well... We're just thrilled that he's still around."
Other than losing most of the rubber coating the electric wheelchair's wheels, the chair remained undamaged. According to WOOD-TV, authorities do not plan to file any charges against the truck driver.
WOODTV.com also includes audio clips of emergency calls from motorists witnessing the accident. The audio file is located at .
James Prichard. "Michigan Man in Wheelchair Takes Wild Ride." The Associated Press. URL: ().