Best Carpet Material For Stairs in 2023
TreadSafe Carpet Stair Treads Non-Slip | 8"x30" Set of 15 | Non Slip Backing | Non Slip Stair Runner for Safety and Grip for Kids Elders and Dogs (Brown)
Carpet Stair Treads Set of 13 Non Slip/Skid Rubber Runner Mats or Rug Tread - Indoor Outdoor Pet Dog Stair Treads Pads - Non-Slip Stairway Carpet Rugs (Brown) 8" x 30" Includes Adhesive Tape
- INCREDIBLY SAFE carpet stair treads non slip rug 13 pc set can transform any slippery staircase treads into a slip-resistant surface, ensuring safety of kids, friends, family – be it hardwood or ceramics.
- PET-FRIENDLY wood stair treads carpet design offers desirable traction, encourages dogs & cats to confidently take stairs, muffles the sound produced with each step, while also PROTECTING STAIRS.
- EASY TO USE as these stair mats allows for effortless DIY installation using INCLUDED CARPET TAPE, can be easily removed while leaving NO RESIDUE behind, and is safe for vacuum or damp cleaning.
- PREMIUM DESIGN Soft & Comfortable stair tread or stair runner feels good on bare feet, and proves durable even for busy areas!
- CLASS & GUARANTEE – Cool Brown color of stair carpet or stair runners goes great with any modern interiors, and with 100% RISK-FREE SATISFACTION GUARANTEE on this carpet treads, you have nothing lose.
EdenProducts Non Slip Carpet Stair Treads, Set of 15, Rug Non Skid Runner for Grip and Beauty. Safety Slip Resistant for Kids, Elders, and Dogs. 8" X 30", Beige, Pre Applied Adhesive
- ANTI MOVING SOLUTION – No more 'moving around' and 'needing to realign' your treads every 5 minutes. Our tread strips are your perfect solution. Our step treads come with a “Anti Moving & Slipping” surface which covers the whole backing of the tread to despair from you hard work of installation. The Anti Moving backing is gentle, while keeping its utmost effectiveness so you can remove the treads easily whenever you want (And put them back) without worrying of leaving residue on your wood stairs
- PREMIUM QUALITY – Our stair tread mats are made out of soft, reliable and durable wool blends, which is known to be as the most premium, luxurious and high-quality material for carpets available. While being natural and soft on bare feet for the whole family satisfaction, the unique fiber structure is strong and hard-wearing and providing natural protection to help resist staining and soiling.
- PREVENTS SLIPPING - While offering the perfect carpet specification, materials, and quality for you and your family, our stair covers are the best solution to eliminate slipping and falling situations on stairs. Our treads can be used on any surface and material. They have a soft and effective texture that feels good on bare feet, while keeping its anti slip components, and are environmentally friendly to make sure your pets, kids and all loved ones are protected and safe at all times.
- PERFECT SIZE & EASY CLEANED – While giving you the perfect size for your stairs, with an all-around, corner to corner safety and comfort for your family's satisfaction, our treads are easy to clean. Whether it’s the dog's hair, the kids spilling food and drinks or just dust on your new EdenProducts carpet stair runners, our treads are stain resistant and can be cleaned easily and simply with a vacuum cleaner or a washing machine, without any issues or worry.
- *IMPORTANT: EdenProducts strives for consistent innovation. Our brand believes in offering the most premium and quality products for our customers. We created an “Anti Moving Surface” which is *NOT* glue nor permanent adhesive (Such as double sided tape), to make sure your wood stairs are safe and remain undamaged when removing them. When touching the adhesive with hands, *no* adhesive will be felt. The adhesive will be felt when applied to stairs as it will lock your new treads from moving.
Ottomanson Glamour Collection Trellis Design Stair Tread, 8.5" x 26", Gray
- STAIN-RESISTANT and SHED-FREE pile is practical and ideal for high-traffic areas as well as homes with pets and kids.
- Perfectly convenient for your busy home or office with kids, PETS, visitors and HEAVY TRAFFIC areas
- MACHIENE-MADE in Turkey with high quality NYLON and is functional in high traffic areas.
- NON- SLIP RUBBER BACKING promotes safe stepping for you and your pets; and allows for this chic rug to stay in place with optimal slip resistance.
- Exquisitely textured SOFT LOW PROFILE rug that gently caresses your feet and creates a comfy surface
PURE ERA Carpet Stair Treads Set of 14 Non Slip Self Adhesive Bullnose Indoor Stair Protectors Pet Friendly Rugs Covers Mats Skid Resistant Tape Free Washable Soft Solid Black 9.5" x 30"x1.2"
- SELF ADHESIVE: No tapes, adhesives, staples, or glue needed; Amazing non-slip backing prevents movement. And rest assured, they won't damage your hardwood
- PROTECTIVE: These step treads protect your stairway from daily scratches wear and tear, and reduce noise. Suitable for all hard smooth floors, including oak and other hardwood surfaces; Dimension: 9.5" x 30"x1.2" (14 PCS), fits most indoor home stairs perfectly
- SUITABLE FOR PETS & CHILDREN: These step mats create a safer, more secure walking surface, and allow your family and pets to easily go up and down our slippery and steep hardwood stairs, by reducing the likelihood of slips and falls.
- STYLISH: Made of a soft material with a simple solid black design bullnose, our stair treads are exceptionally durable, warm and comfortable under foot, and are easy to clean.
- EASY INSTALLATION: Clean and dry your staircases first; remove the backing adhesive cover; simply place your stair tread rugs on your staircase and go
EdenProducts(15-Pack) Pre Cut Transparent 24" x 4" Non Slip Strips, Safety for Kids, Elders and Pets, Adhesive Stair/Floor Treads, Indoor, Outdoor, Prevents Slipping, PVC Free
- NO MORE SLIPPING AND FALLING - Statistics show that every 30 seconds there is a stair-related injury in the US. The good news is that you can prevent it today! Our clear non skid adhesive tape has a soft texture surface but does not sacrifice effectiveness. It is comfortable on bare feet. Our tape is made out of environmentally friendly PEVA and will keep children, aging adults and dogs safe.
- TRANSPARENT, NATURAL AND AESTHETIC - Our tape has proven to be the most transparent tape available in the market. It does not destroy the beauty of hardwood floors and tiled stairs. It is great for decorative surfaces such as wood floors, tiles or terraces. Can also be used for ladders , concrete , metal , plastic , tile , laminate , mats , carpets, shoe grips, skateboard grip, ramps, boats and scooters.
- PERFECT FOR YOUR NEEDS - EdenProducts Transparent Anti Slip Tape is designed in the USA and manufactured abroad. It was designed carefully by testing and choosing premium, optimal, and qualified materials and textures that will provide you with a waterproof, strong and durable adhesive for indoor use as well as outdoor. The subtle texture provides you with the utmost protection, without sacrificing comfort, creating peace of mind for you and your family.
- EASY TO CLEAN - Our tape is made out of PEVA material causing cleaning your tape to be easy and simple. Clean with a moist towel (indoors) or spray with a hose (outdoors). Your treads will look as good as new.
- WHY US? - EdenProducts is a family business that develops and sell home and residential products, We are devoted to a combination of high quality and innovative products and designs. Our top priorities as a business are product quality and customer satisfaction and we will do anything to meet these priorities and to meet our customers' expectations.
Seloom Stair Treads Carpet Non-Slip with Skid Resistant Rubber Backing Specialized for Indoor Wood Steps, Removable Washable Step Floor Rugs for Stairs (30x8Inch, 13 Pieces, Pure Brown)
- Solid Staying Power: Firmly attached to the floor with adhesive rubber backing that can replace repeatedly with no loss of staying power. No need for anti-slip tape.
- Durable Thick Material: High quality 0.3 inch thick material gives your family and pets a safer experience. Featuring durable and stain resistant.
- Convenient To Use: Adhesive back rubber pad can be used repeatedly without glue mark. No need for anti-slip tape or additional glue.
- Washable: This stair mat can be washed by big machine or hands without shrinking and deforming.
- Easy to Install and clean: Just take you less than 10 minutes to install them for 13 stairs. Just clean wood, remove plastic cover and apply. This stair mat can be vacuumed easily.
Carpet Stair Treads â€“ Non-Slip Bullnose Carpet for Stairs â€“ Indoor Stair Pads â€“ Self-Adhesive & Easy Installation â€“ Pet & Child Friendly â€“ Skid Resistant & Washable â€“ 14- Pack Beige 10" x 30"x 1.3â€
- SAFETY COMES FIRST: These indoor stair pads come with a non-slip, skid resistant design, being a simple and cost effective solution for preventing unwanted accidents. The pads are ideal for families with kids or pets, providing a safer walking surface!
- EASY INSTALLATION: With a smart self-adhesive system which requires no tape, glue or tools, these Bullnose carpet stair treads are easily installed by anyone! The padded backing will leave no residue, while protecting your stairs from scratches or daily wear & tear!
- ELEGANT DESIGN: Order these non-slip stair carpet pads in Dark Beige/Light Brown/Straw, to fit all sorts of interiors and you’ll add a touch of elegance to your home. You’ll be able to combine the gorgeous design of your hardwood stairs with the practical features of these protectors!
- WIDE COMPATIBILITY: These stair protectors are compatible with all sorts of hardwood floors, being extremely durable and comfortable. The stair pads are easily washable and can be reused anytime!
- DIMENSIONS: These carpet stair mats measure 10" x 30"x 1.3” and are designed for indoor use only. You’ll receive a 14-piece set of noise absorbing protectors, made from premium quality soft fabrics which are guaranteed to withstand the test of time!
Lonnie Life Anti-Skid Carpet Stair Treads,No Glue But Self Adhesive,Be Used Repeatedly,Soft and Wear-Resisting,Set of 13 Non-Slip Stair Treads Rugs Mats Bubber Backing (Set of 13 (30x8 Inch), Gray)
- Application:Anti-skid carpet stairs treads, which can be used to transform any smooth stair surface into a safe, soft, non-slip surface to ensure the safety of the whole family and the pet, whether wooden or ceramic stairs.
- Skid resistance:This product uses special technology, which no glue but self-adhesive anti-skid. It no need to use any additional anti-skid tape, and directly adsorbed on the staircase floor, to protect the health of the whole family and pets.
- Environmental protection:The back glue-free material made of special technology. It can avoid the stair’s cleaning problem of when it was pasted with tape. The soft surface material is not only silent and wear-resistant, but also is not easy to stain and discolor.(Note: as a result of the special process, this product is not machine washable, can only use vacuum cleaner or hand wash, dry in the sun)
- Reusing:This product can be reused because is made by special technology. If you need to re-paste, just use a wet cloth to wipe the back of the carpet clean, and then use a dry cloth to wipe the water.
- Service:Our fan-favorite 12-month warranty and friendly customer service
TreadSafe Carpet Stair Treads Non-Slip I 8"x30" Set of 15 I Charcoal Black I Non Slip Backing I Non Slip Stair Runner for Safety and Grip for Kids Elders and Dogs
- SKID-RESISTANT BACKING: Our Carpet Stair Treads come with a Rubber "Non Slip Backing" on the entire backing of each tread for easy installation. This backing leaves NO RESIDUE behind, and can be used over and over. The Anti Slip backing uses a technology that allows you to remove the treads easily whenever you want and put them back without worrying of leaving any residue on your wood stairs
- Premium quality: Our stair tread carpets are made of a high quality wool blend that is made to last. Our luxurious carpets are soft and comfortable but extremely durable. Our high quality thick material gives your family and dogs a safer and more comfortable experience. Our steps are made of the best materials and quality available. If for any reason our product does not meet your satisfaction, we have a 30-day money back guarantee
- Machine washable: Our Capet Stair Treads are stain resistant and can be easily cleaned with a vacuum cleaner or a washing machine, without shrinkage or deforming.
- Easy to install: It will take less than 5 minutes to install up to 15 stair treads. Simply clean the surface of the wood with a cloth and place the stair tread on your stairs.
- *PLEASE NOTE*: Our Backing in not glue or a permanent adhesive. When touching the rubber backing with hands, no stickiness will be felt. The rubber backing keeps your treads in place. For a Permanent solution - we suggest to use double-sided carpet tape (not included)
Carpeting Your Stairs: Choosing and Laying the Right Carpet
Stair carpeting can be bought in a standard width of 690mm and laid centrally on the stairway, with the exposed wood on either side protected with paints or varnishing.
Stair carpet is subject to heavy wear, so choose a good quality pile carpet. Avoid cord, needle felt and sisal which, although hard-wearing, do not grip the feet and could be slippery.
First measure from the front to the back of one tread and multiply by the number of treads. On a curving staircase, or a spiral staircase, take the widest measurement. If the stairs turn a corner on a half landing measure its length and add it to the total, also the length of the upstairs landing if you want the carpet to run to the far end.
Now measure the height of a riser, the vertical part of a stair, and multiply that figure by the number of risers. Add this total to the one you already have to find the length you need to carpet the stairs. It is advisable to move the carpet from time to time to even out wear - to allow for this, add the depth of the bottom tread and the height of the bottom riser.
In addition to the carpet and underlay pads, you will also need carpet adhesive and metal stair grippers - angled strips with projecting teeth that grip the carpet backing. The length of the grippers should be the same as the width of the carpet, and you will need one for each tread.
Preparing the stairs
If you have removed old carpet, check the condition of the woodwork. Remove old nails, old grippers and any patches of adhesive. Brush the stairs thoroughly.
Put a pad centrally on the first tread down from the top landing, with one edge against the riser and the other overhanging the front of the tread. Place a gripper in the angle between the tread and the riser and nail it to the riser. To avoid hitting the teeth of the gripper, use a small hammer to drive the nails partly home, then finish off using a nail punch. Fit grippers and pads to all the stairs except the bottom one, and do not fit a gripper where the bottom riser meets the floor.
Laying the carpet
Unroll the carpet and run your hand over it; it will wear better if the direction which feels smooth runs from the top of the stairs to the bottom. Re-roll it so that the decorative side is inwards.
Start at the bottom of the stairs. Unroll a little of the carpet and if the end is starting to fray spread a little adhesive on it, taking care not to get any on the decorative side. Lay the carpet working from the bottom tread up, doubling back on the first tread.
Carpeting a curved staircase
Use wooden gripper strips, nailing one to the tread and one to the riser. Cut the underlay pads to the shape of each tread and tack them in place, butted against the gripper on the tread. Lay the carpet from the bottom , folding it on the inside curve.
Using stair rods
For a more decorative effect, stair rods can be used instead of grippers. The method of laying is the same, except that the pads must be held in place with tacks. Make sure that the clips for the rods are close against the carpet edges, to prevent sideways movement.
On a half landing, where the stairs make a 90 degree turn, treat each set of stairs as a separate flight, using 2 lengths of carpet. Lay the first length on the lower flight and continue it across the landing to the wall. Turn the end under and tack it down. Butt the next length to it at right angles, with its end folded under and tacked.
If the staircase makes a dog-leg (180 degrees) turn, there may be a wide landing to be covered with a separate strip pf carpet laid at right angles to the two flights of stairs. Carry both stair carpets to what will be the far edge of the landing carpet, cut them off and tack them in place without underlay.