Best Carpet Padding For Basement Floors in 2023
BalanceFrom Puzzle Exercise Mat with EVA Foam Interlocking Tiles, Gray, 144 sq. ft. (Pack of 36)
Clevr 100 Sq. Ft (10' x 10') EVA Interlocking Foam Mats Flooring, White Wood Grain Style - (24" x 24", 25 pcs) | Includess Tile Borders | 1 Year Limited Warranty | Perfect for Trade Shows and Convent
- 100 SQFT PROTECTIVE FLOORING: Each tile measures 24" X 24" X 3/8"(Total 25 pieces, covers 100 Sqft). The durable, flexible and shock absorbing interlocking foam tiles, help protect floors while providing support and cushion.
- FOR HOME & BUSINESS: Elegant wood grain pattern design make the mats easily fit any room decor, perfect for living room, basement, playroom, gym room. The 100 Square foot size is perfect for trade shows too.
- EASY TO USE: Mats interlock with simple jigsaw puzzle connection for secure and seamless look, each mat comes with 2 border pieces for edging. Can be easy set up or removed for storage in just minutes.
- SAFE & COMFORTABLE: BPA Free, Non Toxic, Phthalates Free. Thick and soft material and steel backing for maximium cushion and sturdiness. The water-resistant and noise-resistant foam mat is easy to clean.
- ONE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY - Covers rips, tears, caused by normal, indoor use. (Designed with a soft film wood print giving it a smooth hardwood like appearance)
Stalwart Foam Mat Floor Tiles-Interlocking EVA Foam Padding with Soft Carpet Top for Exercise, Yoga, Kids Playroom, Garage, Basement-6PC Set (Gray)
- SOFT AND DURABLE- These EVA foam mats are topped with a soft carpet, made from durable and easy to clean Polyester, and are a comfortable and practical addition to any room.
- MULTIPURPOSE- Non-slip foam padding tiles can be used anywhere that needs extra shock-absorbing cushioning. These quality floor mats are perfect for workshops, kid’s playrooms, and spaces where you do yoga, Pilates, cross fit or weight lifting!
- GREAT FOR ALL ROOMS- These versatile floor mats are great for all rooms of the home! Not only can these mats be used in rooms where you might be standing for long periods like your kitchen or bathroom, they are also ideal for the living room or bedroom!
- EASY ASSEMBLY- Foam tiles connect easily and can be disassembled quickly for storage. Thanks to the puzzle piece edge design, the interlocked the mats stay firmly in place. Each of the 6 tiles comes with two border pieces to create clean edges.
- PRODUCT DETAILS- Materials: EVA Foam and Polyester. Dimensions: 24”x 24” x 3/8”. Set comes with 6 tiles and 12 border pieces (2 per tile). Color: Gray.
Nance Industries 17665 Peel and Stick Commercial Carpet Tile, 12" x 36", Assorted, 10 Planks
- 10 carpet tile planks per box
- Covers 30 square feet
- Easy peel and stick installation
- Commercial grade durability
- Stain and fade resistant
- VOC free moisture resistant adhesive
- Easy to install
- Assorted colors in each box
RUGPADUSA - Basics - 8'x10' - 1/2" Thick - 100% Felt - Protective Cushioning Rug Pad - Optional Non Slip Rubber Backing - Safe for All Floors and Finishes including Hardwoods
- Ultra Plush Feel - Add extra thick cushion and floor protection under your rugs with a 100% felt pad. Provides a thick buffer between your rugs and floors for luxurious comfort. Try the thinner 3/8" or 1/4" options for less cushion.
- Thicker - Pad contains 40oz of felt per square yard. Thickness is approximately 1/2" throughout (actual thickness may vary slightly in production). Heavier and denser than most rug pads on the market for those looking to maximize cushioning. Extra thickness is good for sound absorption and insulation (warmth) benefits.
- Made in the USA- 100% recycled felt made from excess carpet fibers (new, unused carpet)
- Protects floors from damage: furniture on larger rugs in living rooms, dining rooms, and bedrooms can cause abrasion to floor over time. Will not mark or stain floor finishes.
- Additional info - Not intended to stop rugs from slipping in high traffic areas. Designed for larger rugs often anchored down by furniture or heavy rugs that stay in place on their own. Try the Felt + Rubber options if youâ€re looking for non-slip and cushioning.
AmazonBasics EVA Foam Interlocking Exercise Gym Floor Mat Tiles - Pack of 6, 24 x 24 x .5 Inches, Grey
- Puzzle exercise mat creates a comfortable, cushioning workout floor just about anywhere
- Made of high-density EVA foam for long-lasting, reliable performance; free from toxic phthalates; choice of color
- Protects floors from scratches and dings; reduces noise; grippy, non-skid surface for added safety
- Easy to assemble; lightweight, interlocking puzzle pieces quickly connect—and come apart just as easily for storage and includes 12 end borders for a seamless look
- Backed by an AmazonBasics limited one-year warranty
- Puzzle exercise mat contains 6 pieces, covering 24 square feet total with each tile measuring 24" x 24" x 1/2"
FLOORLOT SHOP. FLOORS. DELIVERED. 200sqft 3mm Laminate Flooring Vapor Barrier Underlayment
- Coverage: 200 sqft per roll
- Includes Moisture/Vapor Barrier
- Extra Thick 3mm Foam Has Natural Sound Absorption
- For Laminate & Engineered Floating Floors
- 3mm Thick / Comes with overlap & tape for easy installation
Roberts 70-190A 70-190 Super Felt Insulating Underlayment, 3 mm T, 27-1/3 Ft L X 44 In W, Recycled Fiber, 100 Sq Roll
- Provides deep, rich sound by absorbing noise instead of deflecting it
- Made from recycled fibers
- Extremely high temperature manufacturing process treats fibers
- 3mm thick pad corrects minor sub-floor imperfections
- IIC 67, STC 66 ? Rating 21
First Step 630-Square Foot Roll Underlayment
- For use with all laminate and engineered hardwood floating floors
- Cushioning Styrofoam beads between plastic top and bottom layers for air circulation
- Corrects minor subfloor imperfections and reduces ambient noise
- Gold Guard antimicrobial protection and constant air movement inhibits mold growth and protects floors from moisture vapor
- Ideal in condos and multi-level dwellings
- 40 in. x 189 ft., provides 630 sq. ft. of protection
- Constant air movement inhibits mold growth
- Seals out moisture to protect flooring
- Includes adhesive strip and 4 in. overlap film for linking multiple rolls
- Sound Transmission Lost Test (STC) rating of 67 and Impact Sound Transmission Test (IIC) rating of 68, R-Value .40
Sorbus Marble Floor Mats Foam Interlocking Marble Mats Each Tile 4 Square Feet 3/8-Inch Thick Puzzle Marble Tiles with Borders â€“ for Home Office Playroom Basement (12 Tiles 48 Sq ft, Grain - Marble)
- MARBLE FLOOR MAT (12 TILES) — Provides comfort and cushion to hard floor surfaces with a classic faux marble print — Includes 12 floor mat wood grain tiles to enhance the comfort and appearance of your space
- INTERLOCKING MAT WOOD PUZZLE TILES — Mats interlock with simple jigsaw puzzle connection for secure, seamless look — Detachable edge pieces allows any tile to be a corner, border, or center — Can be easily expanded with additional wood flooring tiles as your living or workspace grows — Install in specific areas or wall-to-wall — Combine multiple sets to cover larger areas
- FOR HOME & BUSINESS — Fits any room décor that complement a mats wood or foam tiles wood style pattern — Ideal foam tiles for floor and multi-purpose floor mat for living room, basement, playroom, infant crawling area, interlocking exercise floor mats, yoga/meditation room, dorm, laundry room, beneath camping tents and sleeping bags — Makes a great anti fatigue mat for trade shows, conventions, office environment, gym, health care facility, daycare, classroom, and more
- COMFORTABLE & SAFE — Enjoy comfortable foam squares for hard indoor surfaces — Provides durable soft floor cushion option with foam — Easy on your feet for hours of standing — Thick cushion protects from injury — Suitable foam tiles for kids, senior living, or anyone seeking cushioned, anti-fatigue flooring
- EASY TO INSTALL — Easy do-it-yourself installation, no adhesive needed — Interlocking flooring mat tiles set up in just minutes — Printed Film material is OPP 100% Plastic, Mat is 100%PE — Lightweight and portable — Durable enough to withstand common foot traffic — Waterproof and non-absorbent — Easy to clean — Each tile measures approximately 24"L x 24"W
Tips to Remove Mold
Your basement may look like a disaster zone, but get rid of carpet padding, perhaps carpet and cut out wet drywall. Be certain basement is completely dry and free of mold prior to restoring.
The following steps will help keep you and your home safe from mold.
1. Wear protective clothing, goggles and gloves when cleaning out wet and moldy items. A respirator may be needed if conditions are extreme.
2. Ventilate to outdoors and seal off moldy areas from the rest of the building to prevent spores from being released throughout the house. Open windows and turn off central air systems. Tape plastic over air grills and drape plastic to seal.
3. Remove and dispose of moldy material in plastic bags, if possible. Never reuse flooded carpet padding. Remove vinyl wallpaper, flooring and other materials that may prevent drying from underneath. Clean and disinfect valuable items outside of the home if you are attempting to salvage them.
4. Remove molds. Don't just kill mold spores because dead spores have the same health effects as live spores. Mold can be removed from non-porous materials such as hard plastic, concrete, glass metal and sold wood. Follow directions and do not use bleach with ammonia and acids. Do not use pressure washers as they may force water into materials. Use 1 cup of bleach to 1 gallon of water after cleaning to ensure safety. Hire someone to test your basement air quality before you seal the walls or install carpet or tile.
5. Use borate treatments. Apply to wood to resist mold termites and decay. Penetrating type is more expensive, but it gives best protection.
6. Use fans to remove lingering spores being sure to keep windows open.
7. Speed dry by closing windows and using several fans, air conditioners or heaters and dehumidifiers to dry wet materials as quickly as possible. Keep windows open, however, if electricity is off.
8. Watch for new mold. Mold can reappear in two or three days. If it does, immediately repeat cleaning process and use speed drying equipment. Moisture meters are available to help you know when area is dry.
9. Never attempt to restore area until all materials and entire area is completely dry and damaged areas removed.
10. Before replacing give serious consideration to type of replacement products. Elevate equipment, wiring and storage. Should you just paint the floor or use an area rug rather than re-carpeting? Would any work outside your home help prevent serious flooding in the future? Do you have a sump pump? Should you invest in a generator or back up battery system? If you know that any future heavy rainfall will likely always flood your basement, think twice before spending considerable amounts of money to restore it.
Remember if something is really special, perhaps the basement floor isn't the best place to store it. Even if your basement doesn't usually flood, a pipe or water heat can cause you lots of unplanned grief.