Best Carpet Plant Without Co2 in 2023
SunGrow Aquarium Grass Seeds, Aquarium Carpet Plant, Creates a Natural Ecosystem for Fish, Fast and Easy Propagation, Ideal for Beginners and Pros, Glossostigma Salatigasis, 2 Ounce Pack
SunGrow Reptile Glosso Seeds, 2 Ounce, Glossostigma Salatigasis Promotes Physical and Mental Health, Native Jungle Ambience, Vivarium Carpet Plant, Ideal for Beginners and Pros
- ✔ NOT JUST FOR THE AESTHETIC APPEAL --- Live plants are a valuable addition to vivaria for several reasons. The glosso plant creates a healthy environment for herps living in a temperate and/or a tropical rain forest in the wild. The animal excreta creates a mess in the vivarium and these plants help in maintaining that perfect balance without the need for changing substrate or water for long periods of time.
- ✔ PROVIDE PETS A BREATH OF FRESH AIR --- Just like other real plant processes, the glosso plant aids in supplementing oxygen and humidity levels in the tank. They maintain the air quality in your pet’s enclosed environment. If you require high humidity levels for certain reptile species, this plant is ideal. You may restrict the entering of outside air into vivaria and still be able to retain the high humidity level.
- ✔ UNHEALTHY PLANT MEANS UNHEALTHY PET --- Both herps and plants need the same elements to survive viz. Sunlight, temperature, humidity, air quality, and substrate composition. The condition of your plant can give you a clear idea about the vivarium health. If you spot a stunted and unhealthy plant, you know there are issues with the setup and your pet are under stress and needs attention immediately. New leaf growth, vibrant leaves, and robust stem are signs of a healthy plant.
- ✔ THIS LIVE PLANT SPARE YOU THE HASSLE --- If you are planning to take care of the herps as pets, you need to provide them with optimal living conditions. A clean vivarium is a first and foremost prerequisite which calls for frequent maintenance. This carpet plant does away with the need for buying substrate, unassembling an established landscape, and save money from buying new raw materials.
- ✔ FAST AND EASY PROPAGATION --- This reptile tank decoration will send out runners from the mother plant forming a rich green carpet over the substrate. To promote even quicker growth, individual stems can be broken away from the mother plant and planted individually. Highlighting and adding iron to the water will also help your aquatic live plant thrive.
Simple & Effective Organic Pest Control For Your House & Garden (Naturally Organic Lifestyle Series Book 3)
Potted Tall Hairgrass by AquaLeaf Aquatics - Easy Aquatic Live Plant
- IMPORTANT: Please note that during times of extreme weather, live plants will suffer due to extreme temperatures. During winter, do not order live plants when temperatures are expected to go below 20F at the lowest point during the day. During summer, avoid ordering plants when temperatures are above 100F.
- You are buying 1 potted plant. The leaves are approx. 15" to 18" tall at time of shipping. An easy aquarium plant specie for any freshwater aquarium
- Make your fish tank look natural and beautiful. Perfect for taller aquariums of any size as background plants
- Grown organically in the US without chemicals or pesticides. Safe for aquarium fish and invertebrates.
- Create a natural habitat in your aquarium for your fish and invertebrates
Filtering Your Pond Naturally with Aquatic Plants
Adequate filtration is essential to the health and beauty of man-made ponds. We can mimic nature's own water cleansing process by using submerged aquatic plants.
Natural filtration is a biological process, the basic aim of which is to clear out or use up the minerals, phosphates and other excess nutrients that green-water algae like to feed on. Submerged aquatics fulfill this function by absorbing (and thus removing) these nutrients themselves. The basic rule of thumb for this natural filtering system is to use 5 or 6 plants in a bunch for every 1-2 square feet of water surface. More might be required if the pond is heavily stocked with fish.
Some aquatic plants that make great natural filters include water hyacinth, watercress, cattails, papyrus, water iris, arrowhead and water lettuce. Keep in mind that tropical submerged plants won't survive cold winters, and hardy plants adapted to cold climates won't grow as well in the warmer waters of a tropical pond. If we're uncertain about the fitness of certain plants for the areas we live in, it might be helpful to seek the advice of knowledgeable people at a local nursery before buying them.
An alternative method of natural filtration involves using a separate basin, about a tenth of the size of the main pond, which is filled with aquatic plants. Pond water is then recycled through this basic every 2 to 4 hours. The plants will remove the excess nutrients that feed algae plant forms and also filter out other forms of particle waste in the water. If the basin is 12-18 inches deep, this will allow solid waste to settle better. To maximize settling, the hose through which the water is pumped should run from the farther ends of both the main pond and the basin.
Using submerged aquatic plants in our ponds not only simplifies the filtration process but also provides us with another spectacle of beauty within our landscapes. In this way we mimic nature's own processes, which have been time-tested to an extent that no man-made systems can ever be.