Best Low Light Aquarium Carpet Plants in 2021
Water Plant Seeds Easy to Grow Double Leaf Grass -0.35oz/Pack Grow Plants for Fish Tank Decoration Landscape Ornament Aquarium Grass Plants Seeds 4 Pack (Large Double Leaf)
- Plants have the ability to convert carbon dioxide into much needed oxygen that fish and aquatic life require in order to survive.Plants also absorb CO2 and nitrates produced by fish waste creating a natural ecosystem and healthy habitat for your fish
- Easy to grow, no need of CO2, nor strong light.Temperature should not be too low, Add water daily to keep the temperature in the fish tank at around 28℃(82℉).Each bag can plant 30x30cm tank
- Seeds can grow in soil, sand and tiny gravel.Just sprinkle the seeds evenly on the soil,Do not cover the seed with mud.
- Normally 5-7 days sprout, 15 days landscape finished
- PLEASE read "HOW TO PLANT" description part below CAREFULLY. WRONG methods of planting will affect seed growth
SunGrow Aquarium Temple Plant Seeds, 2 Ounce, Improves Water Color and Quality, Easy to Grow with Minimal Maintenance, Vibrant Green Tropical Hygrophila Plant for Freshwater Fish Tanks, 1 Pack
- ✔ BEAUTIFUL, BRIGHTLY COLORED AQUATIC PLANT --- Native to South-East Asia, the vibrant green giant hygrophila is commonly used in aquascaping for many reasons besides its natural beauty. The reasonable hardiness and stem reaching to 1.5-3 inches wide and 10-15 inches high make this live aquarium tropical plant perfect for freshwater aquariums especially large tanks.
- ✔ IMPROVES WATER COLOR AND QUALITY --- All plants have the ability to convert carbon dioxide into much needed oxygen that fish and aquatic life require in order to survive. Plants also absorb CO2 and nitrates produced by fish waste creating a natural ecosystem and healthy habitat for your fish. The best thing about hygrophila is that it grows fast and helps keep aquarium water clean by removing nitrates, making it an ideal choice for the new aquarists.
- ✔ EXCITING, INTERACTIVE ENVIRONMENT FOR AQUATIC PETS --- This undemanding and extremely attractive giant hygrophila covers a large surface in just a short span of time creating a stunning, dynamic underwater environment. It is completely safe for betta, shrimp, mollies, guppies and other freshwater fish to play in.
- ✔ EASY TO GROW WITH MINIMAL MAINTENANCE --- Once you receive your seeds, simply spread the seeds into the moist soil along the bottom of your freshwater aquarium. The plant requires moderate sunlight and thrives in 74°- 82°F water temperature having an alkalinity of 3 to 8 dKH and a pH of 6.5-7.5. Since this carpet plant grows quickly, it is recommended to trim it regularly and give it a high amount of sunlight to thrive.
- ✔ NATURALLY SPREADS ACROSS YOUR TANK --- When they are young, they look like the most popular carpeting plants, and when they completely grow, they form dense, lush stem plants over the floor of your tank. The regular trimming will keep these plants flat onto the ground creating a lush and gorgeous aquascape for you and your visitors. To promote even quicker growth, simply remove a few leaves from the bottom 1" to 2" of the stem, and new root growth will form from the last node on the stem.
Zafina 3 Pack Aquarium Plant Seeds, Easy to Grow Aquatic Plant Seeds, Fast Growing Aquarium Carpet Seeds - Creates a Natural Ecosystem for Your Fish
- 【Easy to grow】: No need of CO2, nor strong light. Temperature should not be too low, Add water daily to keep the temperature in the fish tank at around 28 ℃ (82 ℉). Each bag can plant 12*12 Inches tank.
- 【Adaptable】: Seeds can grow in soil, sand and tiny gravel. Just sprinkle the seeds evenly on the soil, Do not cover the seed with mud.
- 【Fast-growing】: Normally 5-7 days sprout, 15 days landscape finished.
- 【Healthy environment】: Plants have the ability to convert carbon dioxide into much needed oxygen that fish and aquatic life require in order to survive. Plants also absorb CO2 and nitrates produced by fish waste creating a natural ecosystem and healthy habitat for your fish.
- PLEASE read "Plant Method" description part below CAREFULLY. WRONG methods of planting will affect seed growth.
Greenpro Dwarf Hairgrass Live Aquarium Plants Tissue Culture Cup Freshwater Fish Tank Decorations
- LIVE AQUARIUM PLANT : Dwarf hair grass, great carpet plants.
- EASY AND LOW MAINTENANCE REQUIRED : NO need any special maintenance, Perfect for any size of aquarium tank.
- TISSUE CULTURE : also known as vitro plants. With high quality technology facilities and lastest tissue culture laboratory, TC cup from Greenpro grown with sterile process with special gel to ensure to be free from algae, disease, pest and snail.
- BEST QUALITY : With our experience, every plants from Greenpro will be professionally inspected, packed and organized with suitable boxes for all weather conditions to make sure that will retain the freshness and healthiness to our customer hands.
- RINSE! CUT! PLANT! : RINSE them under water and wash out any gel. CUT, divide into small portions. PLANT, ready to grow onto substrate, driftwood, rock etc.
Mainam Staurogyne Repens Carpet Freshwater Bundle Live Aquarium Plant Decorations
- LIVE AQUARIUM PLANTS: S-Repens 1 Bundle Perfect for any aquarium tank.
- Difficulty - Easy ready to grow! | Light - Low | Growth - Medium.
- 3 DAYS LIVE GUARANTEED : In a very rare case our live plant dead on arrive or within 3 days. Please send us the photo within 3 days. Live Guaranteed will be voided after 3 days of delivery. We honor our guaranteed.
- Photo is not actual plant but is a sample of our stock.
- Safe for your aquarium pets. Creating natural perspective.
Greenpro Staurogyne Repens Live Aquatic Water Carpet Potted Aquarium Plants Freshwater Fish Tank Decoration
- Staurogyne Repens, great carpet plant.
- Fresh green compact plant.
- USDA approved.
- Carefully inspected and organized before packing.
- Grown by using lastest technology and facility.
Mainam Cyrptocoryne Parva 100% Tissue Culture Easy Low-Light Freshwater Carpet Live Aquarium Plants Decorations 3 Days Live Guaranteed
- Live Aquarium Plants : Cryptocoryne Parva Vitro Cup. It's a suitable foreground and midground plant.
- Difficulty - Easy ready to grow! | Light - Low light | Growth - Slow.
- 3 DAYS LIVE GUARANTEED: In a very rare case our live plant dead on arrive or within 3 days. Please send us the photo within 3 days. Live Guaranteed will be voided after 3 days of delivery. We honor our guaranteed.
- Photo is not actual plant but is a sample of our stock.
- Safe for your aquarium pets. Creating natural perspective. 100% pest snail dicease free.
Micro Sword Aquarium Live Plant - Easy Foreground Carpet Plant
- IMPORTANT: Please note that during times of extreme weather, live plants will suffer due to extreme temperatures. During winter, do not order live plants when temperatures are expected to go below 20F at the lowest point during the day. During summer, avoid ordering plants when temperatures are above 100F.
- You get one Micro Sword Plant clump of about 1 to 2 inches wide, grass length of 2 to 3 inches tall. An easy aquarium plant specie for any freshwater aquarium
- Provide natural resting and hiding places for your smaller fish and invertebrates
- Very low maintenance and fast growing plant; great for beginners and experienced aquarium hobbyists
- Does not need special or high intensity lighting; can be kept in any freshwater aquarium
MingDak LED Aquarium Light Kit for Fish Tank,Underwater Submersible Crystal Glass Lights Suitable for Saltwater and Freshwater,57 LEDs,18.5-inch,Lighting Color White
- Great for night viewing,Great night light and tank illuminator,cool White LEDs add a shimmering effect to your reef
- Mingdak's fish tank litht bar brings the light to the inside of your aquarium. The in-frame mounting allows you to see the light without seeing the fixture
- All are fully submersible and come with suction cups to give you endless possibilities on how to use these systems.Super water resistant
- Safe and low voltage:LED lights is 20% brighter and is designed for reliable, long-term performance
- Adjustable mounting legs allow for flexibility in fitting aquariums widths of 17-23 inches
Beamswork DA 80 FSPEC LED Aquarium Light Pent Freshwater 0.50W (80cm - 30")
- Lumen: 4000
- LEDs: 80x 0.50W
- Config: 51x 10000K, 16x Actinic 460nm, 7x Red 620nm, 6x Green 520nm
- Timer Ready, 2 Mode Day / Night
- Suitable for freshwater, plants, cichlid
Guide to Growing Freshwater Aquarium Plants
Many freshwater aquarium owners I have met say they can't keep aquarium plants alive. This guide will help you successfully set up and maintain a planted aquarium.
There are many ways to add to the appeal of an aquarium, but none so impacting as natural plants. There are many plants out there to choose from. Some are easy to grow, while some require certain ph levels and light conditions. Sticking to the plants that are easy to grow will give you a solid grasp on placement and care before you decide whether to move on to fancier plants.
One of the first things you will need is a good substrate. Most people have some type of colored gravel that has some king of shiny coating on it. This will not help you if you wish to grow live plants. Try using Eco Complete instead. It doesn't require rinsing and is very light. This helps later when you actually push the plant roots in. It is black in color and has a very bold, yet natural look. Pushing your plant roots in will be easy with this substrate.
The next factor is lighting. A fluorescent bulb that is specifically geared for live plants can be found at any aquarium store. Find the one that fits in your light strip. You may also want to purchase a light timer. A light timer will ensure that you give your plants and fish the adequate amount of light they need daily. Plants should get no more then ten hours of light per day. If you give them more, you will soon have algae overgrowth on your plant leaves.
Once you select the plants you want, pay attention to how tall these plants will grow, how big they will get, and whether or not they will reach the surface and block the light. If you plan to have lotus or any other plants that produce surface leaves, you should get other tall plants as well. The taller plants will not need to compete for light once the leaves reach the surface.
Figure out how you want these plants to be set up. Try to keep the taller plants toward the back of the aquarium and the shorter ones in the front. Just like a photograph, this will make all the difference when you are done. Also, keep in mind that your fish will use these plants as cover when they get spooked and need a place to hide. Try to keep a little space between your plants and other things in the aquarium such as rocks or driftwood. You will find that if there is enough space for your fish to swim there, they will.
After you have your plants set up and your aquarium is up and running, you will need to think about maintenance. You will need to change your water regularly if you expect your plants to live. Neglect in this area will result in algae overgrowth. This is the reason most people can't get their plants to stay alive. Water changes are vital for live aquarium plants. If you change your water regularly, it will cut down on algae, keep your tank cleaner, and your fish will be healthier. If you slack on your water changes, you will notice algae growth on your plant leaves. Your plants will stop growing, and your aquarium glass will look foggy.
A 25% water change every two days will make your plants grow rapidly. You won't really need any fertilizer or CO2, or any chemicals other than chlorine remover for this. Just change your water regularly and scrape your algae off the glass and your aquarium plants and fish will thrive.
You will be pleased when you see your planted aquarium fill in the empty space in your tank. Your fish will be healthier and have bolder colors. You may find yourself staring into the tank as if it were a beautiful work of art. Once you learn how to keep plants in your tank, you may wish to expand and grow some of the expert level plants. There are many varieties out there to choose from. Your fish won't mind at all.