10 Best Persian Carpets In The World
Updated on: June 2023
Best Persian Carpets In The World in 2023
Gertmenian Oriental Rug VIII Traditional Persian Carpet, 8' x 10' Large, Blue Floral World
- HERALDRY-INSPIRED -- an explicitly made Persian rug by Gertmenian (est. 1896) can be symbolized by a Medieval Period heraldry because both ancient treasures represent: history, status, and unique aesthetic
- HIGH LUSTRE -- Dual yarn system of fine spun Olefin & soft polyester yarns adds textural interest: an elegant, designer appeal
- PATTERN -- features a warm, golden beige ground with a distinctive center medallion woven in tones of grays and ivory
- Rug specs -- 94" x 120" (8' x 10') dimensions; pile Height: 0.40 inch
- ORIGIN -- made in Turkey
The Legend of the Persian Carpet
Persian Carpets (Routledge Series for Creative Teaching and Learning in Anthropology)
The Root of Wild Madder: Chasing the History, Mystery, and Lore of the Persian Carpet
Carpets of Central Persia: With Special Reference to Rugs of Kirman
Folk Bags (Folk Knitting series)
Rugs & Wall Hangings (Period Designs & Contemporary Techniques)
Loloi ll Layla Collection Printed Vintage Persian Area Rug 2'3" x 3'9" Spice/Marine
- The Layla Collection is traditional and timeless with a beautiful Printed lived-in design that captures the spirit of an old-world rug
- These printed designs are recreated from one of a kind rugs. Enjoy the look of an ancient rug at an affordable price with low maintenance & high traffic materials.
- This oriental power-loomed rug is crafted in China of 100% polyester.
- Offering a and sophisticated color palette and subtle patina.
- Rug pad not included but highly recommended. Please purchase padding for added comfort, rug longevity and floor protection
- Clean spills immediately by blotting with a clean sponge or cloth. Professional cleaning recommended. Rug pad recommended for use on hard floor. For vacuuming, use a vacuum cleaner without a beater bar or one where you can set the bar to the highest pile setting. If your vacuum has variable power settings, set on low. Vacuum full length of the rug, turn and repeat to the next area, rather than back and forth motion.
Safavieh Evoke Collection EVK220B Shabby Chic Vintage Oriental Medallion Area Rug, 6' 7" Round, Grey/Gold
- Safavieh's stunning Evoke Vintage Oriental rug - now with 500+ customer reviews
- Vintage distressed design with a stunning medallion adds a fashion-forward flair to décor
- Stylishly versatile, this rug works in the bedroom, living room, foyer, dining room, or home office
- Refined power-loomed construction and enhanced polypropylene fibers ensure an easy-care and virtually non-shedding rug
- Sleek 0.375-inch pile height is perfect for placement underneath furniture
- Works beautifully with contemporary, transitional, traditional, farmhouse, and shabby chic décor
- Safavieh has been a trusted brand in home furnishings for over 100 years, providing quality craftsmanship and unmatched style
Safavieh Madison Collection MAD603D Cream and Navy Distressed Medallion Runner (2'3" x 8')
- Vintage distressed design with a stunning oversized central medallion adds a fashion-forward flair to décor
- Stylishly versatile, this kid and pet-friendly rug is perfect for the bedroom, living room, playroom, foyer, or dining room
- Made from enhanced and virtually non-shedding premium polypropylene fibers providing both comfort and durability
- Sleek 0.375-inch pile height for seamless placement underneath furniture or in entryways
- Safavieh has been a trusted brand and leader in home furnishings for over 100 years, providing quality craftsmanship, unmatched style and the latest trends
Tips for Hanging a Persian Rug
This article goes over how to hang a Persian rug on your wall.
Assess whether your Persian rug is suitable for hanging. Such rugs often have sleeves on the back or hooks to make the hanging easier. If your rug is too heavy for you to lift, or weighs more than 100 pounds, you shouldn't hang the rug as this can cause tearing over time and damage the rug.
Attach a sleeve to the back of the rug, if it doesn't have one, using about 8 to 10 inches of sturdy fabric. Sew the top and bottom of the fabric to the top of the rug, making small and delicate stitches, blending in with the rug. You can use binding tape in lieu of fabric.
Purchase a long wooden stick (about 6" longer than the rug) thick enough to hold the rug's weight. Picture hangers are often made to support very heavy items and they are usually clearly marked with how much weight they will hold. A good sturdy dowel about 6" thick or more is a good rule of thumb. If you are unsure, purchase a the thickest stick that will fit through the sleeve on the back of the rug. These wooden sticks can be purchased at craft stores. Cut one piece of wire or very strong string (about 12") and tie either side to one end of the wooden stick.
Sew three 7" wide and 8" to 10" sleeves (one at either side and one in the middle) for heavier Persian rugs, usually over 50lbs. Place these horizontally, sewing the fabric on the right and left side.
Measure the Persian rug with a yardstick or measuring tape. Measure out where you want the rug on the wall, taking care that you leave enough room for fringes so that they do not hang on the floor.
Make a mark where you would like to place the picture hangers. Put the picture hangers in the wall and then put the string over the picture hook. Adjust until the weight is distributed evenly. For heavier rugs, place the picture hangers on each piece of fabric to ensure that the rug's weight will be distributed evenly, nailing them directly through the fabric of the sleeve (do not place the picture hanger through the rug itself, although you may hammer on top of the rug to secure the picture hangers, as long as you are very careful not to damage the rug by poundng too hard with the hammer).