Best Rated Carpet Sweeper in 2020
Shark Navigator Upright Vacuum for Carpet and Hard Floor with Lift-Away Handheld HEPA Filter, and Anti-Allergy Seal (NV352), Lavender
BISSELL Cleanview Swivel Pet Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner, Green, 2252
- Buy BISSELL, save pets; BISSELL donates up to 10 dollars to the BISSELL pet foundation for every pet product purchase, upon activation
- Powerful pet hair pick up with triple action brush roll + scatter free technology
- Swivel steering to easily maneuver around furniture and other obstacles
- Clean edges and corners with edge to edge cleaning.Cleaning Path Width:13.5 inch
- Remove pet hair with specialized pet tools including pet hair corner tool and pet tool
- Bottom, easy empty dirt bin makes emptying quick and mess free. Hose Length: 6 feet
- Replacement Filter Style 12141
- Dirt cup capacity 1. 0 liter
BISSELL Cleanview Swivel Rewind Pet Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner, Teal
- Buy BISSELL, save pets BISSELL donates up to 10 dollars to the BISSELL pet foundation for every pet product purchase, upon activation
- Triple action brush roll + scatter free technology maximize pet hair pickup – even if it’s embedded
- 27’ power cord automatically rewinds for quick and easy storage
- Swivel steering makes cleaning around furniture and obstacles easy
- Edge to edge cleaning feature gets closer to walls and corners with each pass
- Includes specialized pet tools like the pet hair corner tool and pet turbo eraser tool
- Replacement Filter Style 12141
- Dirt cup capacity 1.0 liter
- Power Source Type: Corded Electric
Eureka NES210 Blaze 3-in-1 Swivel Lightweight Stick Vacuum Cleaner Dark Black
- 3-In-1 design with onboard crevice tool allows you to customize your vacuum for your needs. At only 4 pounds, you can take the Eureka blaze anywhere
- Eureka's Signature swivel steering improves maneuverability and cleaning efficiency when compared to standard stick vacuums
- Eureka's capture nozzle picks up larger debris with ease unlike other stick vacuums that push larger particles around. Perfect for hard floors, area rugs, and low pile carpets
- Powerful 2 amp motor picks up particles like dust and pollen, while the washable filtration system captures the debris and improves air quality
- 18' Power cord and X-Large dust cup ensure you get the job done faster - no more outlet hopping or frequent trips to the trash can with the Eureka blaze. 9. 44 in. cleaning
- Much safer and more environmentally safe package. Passed frustration-free packaging (FFP) Certification
Eureka PowerSpeed Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner, Lite, Blue
- Powerful vacuum cleaner: The dynamic motor and brushroll can lift stubborn and heavy debris. Plus, the 12. 6” wide nozzle cleans more with a quickness.
- 10 lbs. lightweight upright vacuum: The EurekaPowerSpeed is pretty lightweight and easy to maneuver. Designed for whole home clean.
- 5 height adjustment: It works well on carpets, shag rug, hard floors etc. Smooth wheels ensures hardwood floors won’t sustain scratches or gouges.
- 4. 1L extra-large capacity: the extra-large dust cup holds more dirt and requires less frequent emptying. Clean more, empty less.
- Multiple accessories included: a quick-release handle connected to the stretch hose for above-floor cleaning. A 7-inch-long crevice tool, dusting brush, and upholstery tool help clean hard-to-reach areas. Extract dirt, pet hair, freshen up your car, curtains, celings or door frames. For your convenience, they are all stored right on board.
BISSELL Cleanview Bagless Vacuum Cleaner, 2486, Orange
- OnePass Technology with powerful suction and innovative brush design to clean on the first pass
- Scatter Free Technology reduces scatter on hard floors
- On board storage keeps specialized tools including the TurboBrush Tool, Dusting Brush, Crevice Tool, and Extension Wand close by while cleaning
- Powerful, multi cyclonic system for lasting suction that captures and keeps dirt in the bin, where it belongs
- Large Capacity, Easy Empty Dirt Tank empties with the press of a button
- The combination of a 25 foot power cord, a 6 foot hose and a 13.5 inch cleaning path provide an extended cleaning reach.Maximum dirt capacity is 1 liter
- Power Source Type: Corded Electric
Bissell Featherweight Stick Lightweight Bagless Vacuum, 2033, One Size Fits All, Blue
- Powerful, convenient, and easy to use
- Powerful suction makes it great for quick pick ups with multipurpose versatility
- Versatile cleaning three machines in one: a stick vacuum, handle vacuum, and stair vacuum
- With a crevice tool for furniture and a floor Nozzle for stairs
- Clean hard floors and surface dirt on carpets and area rugs. Surface Type:Counter Tops, Sealed Hard Floors, Low Pile Carpet. Dirt Cup Capacity: 0.67 liter
Hoover Pet Max Complete Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner, UH74110, Blue Pearl
- MULTI-FLOOR PERFORMANCE: delivers optimal results on carpets and hard floors with a brush roll On/Off switch
- 12FT. EXTENDED REACH: Go from carpets to ceilings with the Quick Release Wand, hose and tools
- PET TOOL KIT: Multi-purpose tools tackle dirt and pet hair on furniture, stairs and more
- ALLERGENBLOCK TECHNOLOGY: Captures 97% of pet dander, dust and pollen particles and blocks* them from re-entering the air
- WHAT’S INCLUDED: Upright Vacuum, Pet Turbo Tool, Flexible Dusting Brush, Crevice Tool, Additional Rinsable Filter
Dirt Devil Endura Reach Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner for Carpet and Hard Floor, Lightweight, Corded, UD20124, Red
- NO LOSS OF SUCTION - The Endura filter is equipped for powerful upright vacuum cleaner performance – it’s also easily accessible + rinsable for quick maintenance when you need it
- EASY-EMPTY DIRT CUP – Fewer, quicker, and easier trips to the trash, all with the touch of a button
- LIGHT WITH A BITE – This compact upright packs some serious multi floor cleaning power in a conveniently lightweight design
- QUICK & EASY REACH – Power through dirt and pet hair with a wave of the extension wand for 10 ft. of extra reach - which stores on the vacuum when you’re done
- WHAT'S INCLUDED? – A 2-in-1 dusting brush and crevice tool stores on-board for messes at a minute’s notice
Eureka NEN110A Whirlwind Bagless Canister Vacuum Cleaner, Lightweight Corded Vacuum for Carpets and Hard Floors, Blue
- Innovative Multi-Surface vacuum: Deep clean with the whirlwind canister vacuum. This vacuum features an integrated airflow control on the handle that can be easily switched at your fingertips. It includes three settings: carpet, upholstery & hard floors. Dust cup capacity - 1.2 liters
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver: vacuum anywhere around your home with ease with this lightweight vacuum. The Eureka whirlwind vacuum cleaner weighs less than 8 pounds and can easily maneuver under and around furniture and stairs thanks to its swivel steering and telescoping metal Wand
- 3L dust container, no maintenance costs: No bags or filters required. The whirlwind has a Bagless design and uses washable filters. Rinse the filters as needed and you’re ready to go
- 2-In-1 integrated crevice tool: The Eureka whirlwind canister vacuum features a crevice tool integrated into the hose handle so it’s at your fingertips whenever you need and will never get lost. Easily disconnect the handle from the hose and then you can switch between a crevice tool and a dusting brush
- Easy-to-use: spend more time cleaning and less time struggling with your vacuum cleaner. The Eureka whirlwind has automatic cord Rewind, saving your valuable time. The whirlwind has a one-button release for easy dust cup emptying
How to Use Your Fireplace when Chimney Cleaning is Overdue
A cheap and quick decorative solution for your fireplace when your chimney is overdue for a cleaning and you have guests coming for cocktails before the chimney sweeper can make it.
Nothing is more warm and inviting than a crackling fireplace on a cold winter night, but many wood burning fireplaces have issues. Fireplaces are notorious for wasting energy and your hard-earned cash. Like most people you probably turn on your heater to heat the whole house and you burn a fire to add warmth and ambiance to your living room, but while your enjoying the glow of the dancing flames it's sucking warm air out of your house and contributing to greenhouse gasses. There's also the increased risk of setting your home on fire if you haven't had your chimney inspected and cleaned recently, which should be done once a year.
So what do you do if, like me, you are expecting guests for holiday cocktails, you're not sure when the last time your fireplace was cleaned or it's already overdue, and you're not able to schedule a cleaning between now and then? You can use candles! You can purchase a fireplace candelabrum or use an assortment of pillar holders in place of wood or fire logs. I wasn't able to find an appropriate candelabrum at local retailers and I didn't have, or want to purchase, a bunch of pillar holders so I improvised. I came up with a quick and temporary solution that was cheap and beautiful.
While on a last minute trip to my neighborhood Ikea, I found red glasses that were on clearance for 99 cents. Turned upside-down, the bottoms were the perfect size to place pillar candles upon so I purchased nine of them in two different sizes. When I started putting them into the fireplace I realized they were too low and the bottom lip of the screen rose up about 4 inches so I need to elevate the candles. I live in a rental and I have been too lazy to replace the ugly brass screen and just removing it altogether is not a safe option for my extremely curious cat. After cleaning off a few unused bricks from the side of my house, I placed them in the fireplace to set the overturned glasses on.
I lined up the five taller glasses towards the back of the fireplace and set the four shorter ones in front of them, then placed a pillar candle on top of each glass. With the candles lit and the mesh curtain closed it's a cheap solution that produced the beautiful effect I was after. I was able to use the fireplace with the chimney damper closed so the heat in the house would not escape, and the warmth from the candles was projected into the room. Afterwards I washed the glasses and I can reuse them for my next cocktail party (don't tell my guests).
If you'd like to use this quickie idea and Ikea is not an option you can probably find suitable glassware at your local thrift store. I liked the look of candles in my fireplace so much I purchased a fireplace candelabrum online, which is now its way to my home. It's a good way to enjoy your fireplace without drastically increasing your carbon footprint.