Best Rated Portable Carpet Cleaners in 2022
Bissell 3624 SpotClean Professional Portable Carpet Cleaner - Corded
Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Cleaner Machine, Upright Shampooer, FH50150, Red
- SPINSCRUB BRUSH SYSTEM: Safely deep clean carpets of the toughest dirt with powerful 360 degree brushes
- DUAL V NOZZLE: Evenly cleans surfaces with equal suction
- HEAT FORCE: Speed up dry time while lifting stubborn stains. Detergent Capacity - 16 ounces. Dirty Water Capacity - 1 Gallons
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Less than 19 pounds, pick up and go wherever the mess is with ease
- WHAT’S INCLUDED: 8’ hose to deep clean hard-to-reach areas, Stair Tool, Upholstery Tool, Crevice Tool, and sample bottle of carpet cleaning solution
Hoover PowerDash Pet Compact Carpet Cleaner, Lightweight, FH50700, Blue
- 2X MORE CLEANING POWER than the competitive lightweight carpet cleaner*
- POWERSPIN PET BRUSH ROLL Delivers powerful carpet cleaning with protection
- HEATFORCE POWER Delivering an even faster drying for any space
- LIGHTWEIGHT & COMPACT Easy-to-use design for efficient cleaning and storage
- POWERFUL CLEANING Good for high traffic areas and small spaces
- INCLUDED COMPONENTS Trial Size Solution
BISSELL Turboclean Powerbrush Pet Upright Carpet Cleaner Machine and Carpet Shampooer, 2085
- Buy BISSELL, save pets; BISSELL will donate 10 dollars for each power brush pet purchase, upon activation
- Bissell lightest upright carpet cleaner, at 12 pounds , is easy to maneuver and carry. Tank Capacity 1/2 Gallon. Cleaning Path Width 9.5 Inch
- Great for removing tracked in dirt and stains from Area rugs and entryways. 2 Tank System keeps clean and dirty water separate
- 4 Row rotating dirt lifter power brush combined with powerful suction to loosen and remove dirt
- Powerful Bissell oxy based Formula removes stains like coffee, wine, grape juice, and pet stains
- Convenient, collapsible handle for easy storing
Hoover Smartwash Automatic Carpet Cleaner, FH52000, Turquoise
- AUTOMATIC CLEANING TECHNOLOGY - Push forward to clean and pull back to dry
- AUTO-CLEAN MOTION SENSING DESIGN - eliminate the guesswork while leaving your floors refreshed
- AUTO-MIX - precisely mixes and dispenses solution for optimal cleaning
- AUTO-DRY - delivers powerful extraction with HeatForce technology for faster drying
- FLEXFORCE POWERBRUSHES - gently remove deep dirt, debris and pet messes
- This powerful and intuitive carpet cleaner machine includes 2-in-1 pet tool, sample bottle of cleaning solution, 8 ft. hose, and accessory storage bag
- Included Components: Hoover - SmartWash+ Upright Deep Cleaner - Teal/Transparent
- Voltage: 110
Vacuum Cleaner Corded with Motorized Brush Stick Vacuum with Swivel Steering and 2-Pack HEPA Filters MOOSOO D601
- 【Powerful Suction】:500W brushless digital motor can provide continuous 17Kpa strong suction, suitable for sundries and cat litter, dog food debris, pet hair and other deeply embedded dirt on marble, tile and hardwood floor.
- 【Upgraded Electric LED Ground Brush Head】 Compared with an ordinary wired vacuum cleaner, the full-size LED floor brush MOOSOO D601 with built-in motor is a better choice. The upgraded electric LED floor brush head illuminates every vignette and helps track dust, so you have a "0" dust chamber.
- 【Wipe Out Everything】Vacuum cleaner bagless set, equipped with a 4-level advanced filtration system, equipped with a small vacuum cleaner: cyclone filter, cylinder filter, liver filter, sponge filter, it can capture 99.99% of tiny dust and Provides the ultimate clean air and excellent cleaning experience.
- 【Lightweight & Deep Cleaning without Blind Corner】：2.8pounds are the whole weight of this handheld stick vacuum cleaner which can be easily operated by a single hand, The 19-31 inches adjustable tube perfect and versatile to clean floor-to-ceiling, and the upright vacuum cleaner with a 23-foot power cord doesn't have to worry about running out of battery.
- 【Multi-Use】：Vacuum with a handheld attachment whose two-mode are easy to switch for this vacuum cleaner, a brush and crevice nozzle is included, rotatable brush head with flexible joints and flexible joints for free cleaning of cleanable sofas, stairs, car, furniture and the tiny spaces like the area under the bed, also your motor homes.
Eureka NES210 Blaze 3-in-1 Swivel Lightweight Stick Vacuum Cleaner Dark Black
- 3-In-1 design with onboard crevice tool allows you to customize your vacuum for your needs. At only 4 pounds, you can take the Eureka blaze anywhere
- Eureka's Signature swivel steering improves maneuverability and cleaning efficiency when compared to standard stick vacuums
- Eureka's capture nozzle picks up larger debris with ease unlike other stick vacuums that push larger particles around. Perfect for hard floors, area rugs, and low pile carpets
- Powerful 2 amp motor picks up particles like dust and pollen, while the washable filtration system captures the debris and improves air quality
- 18' Power cord and X-Large dust cup ensure you get the job done faster - no more outlet hopping or frequent trips to the trash can with the Eureka blaze. 9. 44 in. cleaning
- Much safer and more environmentally safe package. Passed frustration-free packaging (FFP) Certification
BISSELLProHeat 2X Revolution Max Clean Pet Pro Full-Size Carpet Cleaner, 1986
- Buy BISSELL, save pets; BISSELL donates up to 10 dollars to the BISSELL pet foundation for every pet product purchase, upon activation
- Engineered to be our best and most powerful carpet cleaning system for the toughest pet stains and odors even removes skunk odor
- To attack the toughest stains, activate the Clean Shot Pretreated to deliver a concentrated stream of cleaning solution right where you need it
- Light weight design (less than 18 pounds ) and low profile foot makes it easy to use and maneuver around furniture
- 2 in 1 Pet Upholstery Tool removes pet hair, stains and odors from upholstery
- EZ Clean Brush Roll Cover makes cleaning the machine after a deep clean quick and easy
BISSELL ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet Full Size Upright Carpet Cleaner, 1548F, Orange
- Buy BISSELL, save pets; BISSELL will donate up to 10 dollars to BISSELL pet foundation for each purchase of this pet product upon activation
- Out cleans the leading rental and half the weight, making it easy to use and maneuver
- Professional results powerful cleaning with BISSELL Pro Max Clean and Protect
- Light weight design (less than 18 pounds) and low profile foot makes it easy to use and maneuver around furniture
- Professional results Powerful cleaning with BISSELL Professional formula
- 7 feet hose and Pet spot cleaning tools attach the hose and tools for spot cleaning on stairs, upholstery, and pet beds
Eureka NEN110A Whirlwind Bagless Canister Vacuum Cleaner, Lightweight Corded Vacuum for Carpets and Hard Floors, Blue
- Innovative Multi-Surface vacuum: Deep clean with the whirlwind canister vacuum. This vacuum features an integrated airflow control on the handle that can be easily switched at your fingertips. It includes three settings: carpet, upholstery & hard floors. Dust cup capacity - 1.2 liters
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver: vacuum anywhere around your home with ease with this lightweight vacuum. The Eureka whirlwind vacuum cleaner weighs less than 8 pounds and can easily maneuver under and around furniture and stairs thanks to its swivel steering and telescoping metal Wand
- 3L dust container, no maintenance costs: No bags or filters required. The whirlwind has a Bagless design and uses washable filters. Rinse the filters as needed and you’re ready to go
- 2-In-1 integrated crevice tool: The Eureka whirlwind canister vacuum features a crevice tool integrated into the hose handle so it’s at your fingertips whenever you need and will never get lost. Easily disconnect the handle from the hose and then you can switch between a crevice tool and a dusting brush
- Easy-to-use: spend more time cleaning and less time struggling with your vacuum cleaner. The Eureka whirlwind has automatic cord Rewind, saving your valuable time. The whirlwind has a one-button release for easy dust cup emptying
Product Review of the Hoover SteamVac
The Hoover SteamVac is an inexpensive alternative to commercial carpet cleaning.
The catalyst was our move to a new house. We actually knew the sellers from years ago and had a great buyer-seller relationship. They allowed us early possession of their house prior to closing and invited us over to review different aspects of the house.
While sitting at their dining room table, I noticed their rather large cat moving around us. I have severe allergies to felines and just knew he would make a beeline for me. He did, but Mark removed him to another room. After only twenty minutes in the house, my eyes were watering, itching and I was coughing. The dander really got to me.
My wife and I decided that the carpets would need to be thoroughly cleaned before we moved into the house. Which, by the way, is only six years old with carpeting throughout that's only one year old.
The choices came down to three options:
1) Do it ourselves with a steam clean rental.
2) Pay for a commercial service to come in and do it.
3) Buy a steam vacuum and do it ourselves.
The rental would mean that I'd pay a daily rate and have to return it. Then, I got an estimate from a nationally known commercial steam cleaning service that would have been $400 or more. We would also be at their mercy insofar as when it would be done and when we could walk on the carpets. After investigating all three, I chose to buy a steam vac.
Through the miracle of Google search capabilities, I settled on the Hoover SteamVac. Doing my usual Due Diligence, I checked Amazon for product reviews as they normally have a lot to peruse and make a decision.
The Hoover F5914-900 SteamVac with Clean Surge got rave reviews. The other deciding factor was the cost: It was only $169.99 from Amazon.com, plus $21.51 shipping. That was less than half what the commercial service would have charged, and I have the steam vacuum for future cleaning. It was a no-brainer.
Amazon shipped the Hoover in only three days via UPS. It arrived partially assembled, with a few pieces to assemble on your own. That only took ten minutes or so and was very easy.
Before using it, it's highly recommended that you first vacuum the carpet with your standard vacuum. That's done to remove larger debris and particles before using the SteamVac. The SteamVac's job is to extract the ground-in dirt deep down in the carpet.
As I said, the carpet was one year old and looked great. Regardless, I vacuumed it first with our old Hoover vac. Then it was time to test out the new machine!
But first, let me correct the misnomer of "Steam" Vac. There's no steam. There's no heating element in the vacuum to produce steam. Nor do the commercial "steam cleaning" services use steam. In actuality, it's a "hot water extraction" method. And it works very well.
You fill the carpet detergent tank as directed. Then, you fill the clean solution tank with hot water from your sink.
TIP: you don't have to buy the Hoover cleaning solution. My wife found a generic solution at the grocery store that specifically mentioned the various models that can be used, and Hoover was listed. It was much less expensive than the brand name solution.
Just follow the owner's manual for the actual cleaning. Yes, I actually looked at it and studied it. It recommends a pattern to follow when doing each room and how to change out the solutions. You will be doing a lot of that. The "recovery tank" collects the dirty, filthy water that's extracted from the carpet. It has a shut-off mechanism when it reaches its limit. You'll notice it as the suction is drastically reduced and the sound is different.
The SteamVac has four scrubbing brushes that spin to clean and pick up the dirty solution. You push the SteamVac foward and backward for one stroke while squeezing the trigger, then let off on trigger while letting off the trigger and doing the same stroke for the extraction phase. It's simple but highly effective. I couldn't believe what I was saw in the recovery tank when I emptied it!
For heavily soiled areas, you press the Clean Surge button to add more cleaning solution to the area.
You can also clean bare floors with the SteamVac, but need to make sure you follow the manual to avoid damaging the floor. The Hoover will not clean wood floors, however.
The SteamVac also comes with accessory tools:
a) Powered Hand Tool with rotating brushes for extra scrubbing action on small carpet areas, carpeted stairs, and upholstery.
b) Stair/Upholstery Nozzle with a built-in brush to provide scrubbing action on tougher spots.
c) Nozzle Cleaning Tool for removing lint and/or debris from nozzle before storage.
One thing to keep in mind - there's a lot of plastic parts on the Hoover, so care must be taken not to force pieces to fit or you'll snap them. I had no problem with the assembly and snapping things into place with normal pressure.
On the flip side, because of the predominately plastic parts, the Hoover is lightweight. This is important when you are doing multiple rooms and hallways in one day like I did. It reduces fatigue of the arm and shoulder.
TIP: a guy who does carpet stretching advised me to do the steam cleaning in the winter months. The humidity level in the house is way down and the carpet will dry much faster than in the summer.
I plan on doing the carpets again each winter with the new SteamVac.
PS: it removed all the hidden cat dander and I had no further allergy symptoms!