Best Small Carpet Washer in 2020
Hoover PowerDash Pet Compact Carpet Cleaner, Lightweight, FH50700, Blue
Hoover Spotless Portable Carpet & Upholstery Spot Cleaner, FH11300PC
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Achieve ultimate portability with this lightweight design to reach and remove stains virtually anywhere
- CONVENIENT DEEP CLEAN: Spray, scrub, and remove anything from pet messes to everyday mishaps
- LONGER REACH: Easily reach spots and stains on carpet, upholstery, stairs and more with the 5ft. hose
- SELF-CLEANING TECHNOLOGY: Flushes the hose after each use to help remove dirt and bacteria
- DUAL TANK TECHNOLOGY: Keep clean and dirty water separate so you can easily fill, empty and rinse the tanks
- WHAT'S INCLUDED: rubber nub tool and trial size solution
Bissell Big Green Professional Carpet Cleaner Machine, 86T3
- Tank capacity 1.75 gallons; Extra large dirt lifter power brush for deep scrubbing action
- Heavy duty suction power aids in fast drying time. Cleans on the forward and backward pass for reduced cleaning time and dries faster than the leading competitive rental carpet cleaners
- Two large tanks for full room cleaning
- Professional formula? includes a trial size BISSELL professional formula. Power Cord Length: 25 feet
- 5 year limited warranty.Power Rating:12 amperes; Tough Stain Tool & 9 Foot Hose. The 6 inch Tough Stain Tool lets you spray and scrub extra tough spots and stains on stairs, upholstery, and other soft surfaces. Maximized hose length gives you extra reach for those hard to reach spaces
- Included Components: Deep Cleaner
Hoover Expert Clean Carpet Washer Detergent Solution Formula, 128 oz, AH15074
- Professional Grade Detergent: Deodorizes, lifts dirt, and removes allergens for our deepest, extreme clean
- Permanently removes stains from red wine, cola, coffee, fruit juice, dirt, dander, mud, soil, motor oils, odors and more from carpet and upholstery
- Fresh Linen Scent
- Safe for use in leading spot and full size deep cleaning machines, including Hoover, Bissell, and Rug Doctor, when used as directed
- Septic Safe; Made in the U.S.A.
Hoover Pro Plus 2X Carpet Washer and Upholstery Detergent Solution, 120 oz, AH30051NF, Red
- PROFESSIONAL STRENGTH CARPET & UPHOLSTERY SOLUTIONS: Pro Plus solution provides a powerful and deep clean to remove stubborn stains and odors from carpet and upholstery
- 2X CONCENTRATED: Twice as powerful so you only use half as much
- COTTON BREEZE SCENT: Enjoy the fresh, clean scent of cotton breeze
- SAFE FOR USE: Leading full-size deep cleaning machines, including Hoover, Bissell and Rug Doctor, when used as directed
- MADE IN THE USA
Carbona Oxy-Powered 2-in-1 Carpet Cleaner, 27.5 Ounces - Pack of 2
Hoover Expert Pet 64 Ounce Carpet Washer Liquid Detergent, AH15072, 64 oz, Red
- Powerful enzymes break down biological stains, dirt, and odor for a truly deep clean
- Safe for use on carpet and upholstery with all full-sized and spot cleaning machines
- Cotton Breeze Scent
- Safe for use in leading full size deep cleaning machines, including Hoover, Bissell, and Rug Doctor, when used as directed
Rug Doctor FlexClean All-in-One Floor Cleaner; Eliminate Tough Stains, Dirt, and Odors from Both Carpeted and Sealed Hardwood Surfaces with One Powerful Machine; Includes 9 oz. Floor Cleaner Solution
- Capacity (gallons) - 1.5. Rug Doctor’s first all-in-one floor cleaner effortlessly extracts grime, grease, grit, and gunk from both carpet and sealed hardwood floors; one seamless cleaning solution for one powerful clean
- Lightweight, easy-to-maneuver machine handles like a vacuum cleaner, steering throughout the home with ease; rejuvenate living room, family room, bedroom, hallway, basement, kitchen, and den
- Hassle-free FlexClean eliminates the need for multiple, single-function cleaning machines; replaces mops, hard floor cleaners, and steamers to deliver an efficient, effective clean to home and office
- Extracts both old and new stains, pet accident, party spills, kid messes, oil spots, food and drink residue, and unpleasant odors from living and work environments for a sparkling, healthier clean
- Easy cleaning machine goes to work whether tending to daily spot cleaning or attacking the seasonal deep cleaning of carpet, tile, stone, rugs, laminate, furniture, upholstery, hardwood, and more
Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Cleaner Machine, Upright Shampooer, FH50150, Red
- SPINSCRUB BRUSH SYSTEM: Safely deep clean carpets of the toughest dirt with powerful 360 degree brushes
- DUAL V NOZZLE: Evenly cleans surfaces with equal suction
- HEAT FORCE: Speed up dry time while lifting stubborn stains. Detergent Capacity - 16 ounces. Dirty Water Capacity - 1 Gallons
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Less than 19 pounds, pick up and go wherever the mess is with ease
- WHAT’S INCLUDED: 8’ hose to deep clean hard-to-reach areas, Stair Tool, Upholstery Tool, Crevice Tool, and sample bottle of carpet cleaning solution
Hoover Smartwash Automatic Carpet Cleaner, FH52000, Turquoise
- AUTOMATIC CLEANING TECHNOLOGY - Push forward to clean and pull back to dry
- AUTO-CLEAN MOTION SENSING DESIGN - eliminate the guesswork while leaving your floors refreshed
- AUTO-MIX - precisely mixes and dispenses solution for optimal cleaning
- AUTO-DRY - delivers powerful extraction with HeatForce technology for faster drying
- FLEXFORCE POWERBRUSHES - gently remove deep dirt, debris and pet messes
- This powerful and intuitive carpet cleaner machine includes 2-in-1 pet tool, sample bottle of cleaning solution, 8 ft. hose, and accessory storage bag
- Included Components: Hoover - SmartWash+ Upright Deep Cleaner - Teal/Transparent
- Voltage: 110
Carpet Cleaning Tips
Before you break out the wallet for that expensive infomercial carpet cleaning stain atomizing spray with the run over proof applicator, here are a few basic tips to keep in mind.
Of course, the best way to keep your household rugs clean is to never walk on them, ever. Or if you must walk on them, diligently apply that clear, thick plastic covering that your Grandmother uses to safeguard her precious floral love seat. You will doubtlessly feel like a microwave dinner, enshrouded in synthetic plastics, but at least your carpet will remain pristine.
For the rest of us, who live in a somewhat realistic world, we may find it challenging to keep those well used carpets looking new. What trouble-free tips can we utilize?
For one thing, wipe your feet before you step indoors. This simple act, something we've all taught our kids to do, oftentimes goes overlooked. Wiping your shoes also cuts down on pesticides, some of which break down quickly outdoors in the sunlight but may last for years in your carpets.
Another astonishing option, which is a standard custom in some parts of the world, is to actually remove your shoes. Although it's not a Japanese dojo, it is your home, and shoe removal is still somewhat about respect, but more so about what your family dog has left outside for you to wade through.
But if some possessed stain should make its way onto your carpet, what's the best way to go about exorcising it? If it's a semi solid, gently scrape it up with a spoon or spatula. Don't go at it with your Ginsu knife. I know it will cut that aluminum can in half, but a knife or other utensil with sharp edges will damage your carpet or upholstery.
Blot up the liquid stains with an absorbent cloth or paper towel. White cloths are recommended because certain dyes may bleed and make the stain worse. By the way, to "blot" something means to dab at it with sustained top pressure. Not vigorously rub at the stain like you're trying to start a fire on the carpet with two sticks.
If you've got a fancy stain removing product, be sure to pre-test any solutions or chemicals on an inconspicuous area first. This is extremely important; different dyes and materials in your carpet could be damaged or discolored by a cleaning solution. Pick up your husband's favorite La-Z-Boy and try it under there. That particular rug section, I guarantee, will never be seen again. Anyways, if such a change should occur, try a different stain remover solution or call a professional.
Over-wetting a stain is a potential problem. Cold water is best if you're doing the blotting thing, but don't drench the stain. If moisture reaches the pad, the danger of mildew or damage to the wood flooring underneath could factor in.
Choosing a carpet that doesn't show stains is obviously a no-brainer too. Most newer carpets come pre-treated, and you'll find that initial stains will "bead up" and allow for easy blotting. If you have your carpet steam-cleaned, keep in mind that this may remove some of the manufacturer's stain guard. However, most carpet cleaning services also treat your carpet as part of the process.
Carpets naturally fade too, so rearranging furniture to switch up the traffic areas will help, and the sun won't be hitting the same spot too, which also contributes to fading.
As far as vacuuming, you should do so once a week and more often in areas of heavy traffic. Frequent vacuuming prolongs the life of your carpet by preventing a buildup of gritty particles that can erode carpet fibers. Get that fancy crevice tool out too. Don't be scared. And if you want to control the odors, add a little baking soda to the bag. When you empty it, you'll find a batch of muffins. Just kidding.