10 Best Vacuum For Carpet And Allergies
Updated on: June 2023
Best Vacuum For Carpet And Allergies in 2023
Shark Navigator Upright Vacuum for Carpet and Hard Floor with Lift-Away Handheld HEPA Filter, and Anti-Allergy Seal (NV352), Lavender
Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet Upright Corded Bagless Vacuum for Carpet and Hard Floor with Hand Vacuum and Anti-Allergy Seal (NV752), Bordeaux
- Dust cup capacity 1.5 quarts; Shark's original full sized Powered Lift Away; The canister detaches to deep clean hard to reach areas while still delivering power to keep the brushroll spinning
- Anti Allergen Complete Seal Technology and a HEPA filter trap dust and allergens inside the vacuum
- XL capacity with full size performance. Hose length (feet): 6
- Fingertip controls allow you to easily switch from Hard Floor to Carpet mode
Eureka NEN110A Whirlwind Bagless Canister Vacuum Cleaner, Lightweight Corded Vacuum for Carpets and Hard Floors, Blue
- Innovative Multi-Surface vacuum: Deep clean with the whirlwind canister vacuum. This vacuum features an integrated airflow control on the handle that can be easily switched at your fingertips. It includes three settings: carpet, upholstery & hard floors. Dust cup capacity - 1.2 liters
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver: vacuum anywhere around your home with ease with this lightweight vacuum. The Eureka whirlwind vacuum cleaner weighs less than 8 pounds and can easily maneuver under and around furniture and stairs thanks to its swivel steering and telescoping metal Wand
- 3L dust container, no maintenance costs: No bags or filters required. The whirlwind has a Bagless design and uses washable filters. Rinse the filters as needed and you’re ready to go
- 2-In-1 integrated crevice tool: The Eureka whirlwind canister vacuum features a crevice tool integrated into the hose handle so it’s at your fingertips whenever you need and will never get lost. Easily disconnect the handle from the hose and then you can switch between a crevice tool and a dusting brush
- Easy-to-use: spend more time cleaning and less time struggling with your vacuum cleaner. The Eureka whirlwind has automatic cord Rewind, saving your valuable time. The whirlwind has a one-button release for easy dust cup emptying
Shark Rotator Professional Upright Corded Bagless Vacuum for Carpet and Hard Floor with Lift-Away Hand Vacuum and Anti-Allergy Seal (NV501), White with Red Chrome
- Dust cup capacity 1.3 quarts. Powerful upright vacuum with Lift Away pod for convenient cleaning of stairs and above floor areas
- Anti Allergen Complete Seal Technology, HEPA
- Rotator Technology Enhanced Swivel Steering and better deep carpet cleaning
- Lightweight & Ultra Quiet Operation.Hose length (ft.): 8.4
- Premium Pet Tools and Ergo Cleaning Accessories
Shark Navigator Lift-Away Deluxe NV360 Upright Vacuum, Blue
- Lift away press a button to lift the canister away and easily clean hard to reach areas
- Anti Allergen Complete Seal Technology , a HEPA filter Traps 999 percent of dust and allergens inside the vacuum The full unit weighs only 12.5 pounds,The canister alone is 7.5 pounds
- Swivel Steering Excellent control for maneuvering around furniture Dust Cup Capacity: 12 dry quarts
- Large capacity, easy to empty dust cup Extended cleaning without interruptio
- What's Included: (1) Upholstery Tool, (1) 5.5 inch Crevice Tool
Hoover WindTunnel 2 Whole House Rewind Corded Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner with HEPA Media Filtration, UH71250, Blue
- HASSLE-FREE CORD REWIND: 25 ft. power cord automatically retracts in seconds so you never have to wrap a cord again
- DEEP CLEANING POWER: Wind Tunnel 2 Technology creates 2 channels of suction to lift and remove surface debris and deep-down embedded dirt
- OPTIMIZED CLEANING: The Multi-Floor Brush Roll allows you to turn the brush roll on for optimal cleaning on carpets and off to prevent scattering of debris on hard floors
- EXTENDED CLEANING REACH: With up to 16 ft. of cleaning reach, so you can clean dirt and dust anywhere in your home from floor to ceiling with our live hose and tools
- GREAT FOR PETS: Our Advanced Allergen Block Technology and Odor-Absorbing Carbon assists in capturing dust, pet dander, pollen and eliminating pet odors
Bissell 9595A CleanView Bagless Vacuum with OnePass
- Fast and easy cleaning in a lightweight vacuum with powerful suction and innovative brush design that cleans more on the initial pass
- Innovative brush design rotates down into the carpet to clean more on the initial pass
- Cyclonic System for long lasting, powerful suction. Bag Type : Bagless
- TurboBrush tool for stairs, furniture, upholstery, and more; Dirt Cup Capacity: 2.2 L
- Easy Empty dirt tank, Multi Level Filtration, and washable foam tank filter. Note: Please refer user manual attached below for item installation and troubleshooting steps. Hose Length: 6 inch. Brush System: Rotating Clear Window
Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet Upright Corded Bagless Vacuum for Carpet and Hard Floor with Hand Vacuum and Anti-Allergy Seal (NV752), Bordeaux (Renewed)
- Shark's original full-sized Powered Lift-Away. The canister detaches to deep-clean hard-to-reach areas while still delivering power to keep the brushroll spinning.
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology and a HEPA filter trap dust and allergens inside the vacuum.
- XL capacity with full-size performance.
- Fingertip controls allow you to easily switch from Hard Floor to Carpet mode. The dust cup holds 3. 3 dry quarts
Arm & Hammer CDC 84113 42.6 oz Carpet And Room Allergen Reducer And Odor Eliminator, Shaker Box
- Manufactured by: Arm & Hammer
- Sold as 1 EA
Dyson V7 Motorhead Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner, Fuchsia (227591-01)
- Cord free; Hassle free; Powerful suction
- Upto 30 minute's run time when using a non motorized tool
- Lightweight and versatile, for easy home cleaning. Instant release trigger means battery power is only used while it’s cleaning; Requires charging for 3.5 hours minimum before first use
- Direct drive cleaner head; Upto 6 minutes of fade free power (in Max mode); Drives stiff nylon bristles into carpets to capture deep down dirt
- Powered by the Dyson digital motor V7 and engineered to pick up ground in dirt and fine dust from hard floors and carpets
- 75 percent more brush bar power than the Dyson V6 cordless vacuum
- Hygienic bin emptying: No need to touch the dirt. Bin volume 0.14 gallons
- quickly transforms to a handheld vacuum, to clean all around your home and car
A Review of Filter Queen Vacuum Cleaners
Filter Queen vacuums have been around for 75 years. They provide excellent cleaning for the whole house. Although expensive, they are known to last 30 to 40 years or more.
The first models became available in 1928. Invented by Mr. E.H. Yonkers in Illinois, they were originally sold as "Health-Mor Uprights". A few years later the name was changed to Filter Queen. These machines offered a new technology and were available exclusively through home distributors. This patented technology has been copied by wind tunnel designs that are so prevalent today. However, the Filter Queen vacuum is designed to outlast and out clean any cleaning unit on the market.
One of the key feature of a Filter Queen is the filtration system. The canister uses a cone shaped filter. As air is sucked into the canister, dirt and and other airborne particles are forced toward the outer walls. Then the air passes through the filter which traps the smaller particles. Airflow is maintained even as the canister is filling with dirt and dust. This system maximizes the cleaning ability of the vacuum at all times.
One of the more popular Filter Queen models, the Majestic 360, comes complete with power nozzle for cleaning floors and a variety of other attachments. The vacuum motor is two-speed and the power nozzle has a motor-driven deep- cleaning revolving brush. There a several attachments that make dusting and furniture cleaning a breeze. You can also use an extension to clean curtains and cobweb in ceilings. As you are cleaning surfaces, the unit is also cleaning the air. In fact you can run this machine on low or high speed without using attachments. It then becomes a portable air cleaner.
The entire vacuum is constructed with high quality materials. The filtration design includes two secondary filters in the top of the unit. These filters can be changed once or twice a year. This combination is better than any HEPA system for capturing dust and allergens. To empty the main canister, simply unclamp the top unit and lift the canister from the base. The cone filter inside the cannister can be replaced every 2 or 3 months depending in usage.
Another popular feature of the Filter Queen vacuum, is the ability to reverse the air flow. By removing the cap at the top of the unit, you can then twist-snap the hose into the top. You now have two-speed air blowing capability. The hose can be used to blow dust of off objects. It can even be used to unplug sink or bathtub drains. Simply press the hose tight over the drain opening and turn on the air. The resulting force of air is usually enough to push the clog through the pipes. I have used this method to unclog many drains over the years. It is quick, easy, and leaves no mess like using a snake might cause.
A few of the optional attachments include a window blind brush, mini power nozzle, a hard-surface floor brush, air deodorizer, message brush and vibrator. Also available is a special medi-pure cone filter designed to be more effective in capturing allergens and common bacteria. There are at least another dozen specialty cleaning and air purifying attachments that can be purchased separately.
This is a vacuum that will last a long time if maintained well. As far as the motor goes, I have replaced the contact brushes about every 8-10 years. The newer Filter Queen models have more powerful motors as well as other design improvements. The model "360" costs about $1,600 new with standard attachments. Other new models run over $1,800 to $2,000. However, slightly used or reconditioned older models can be found for $300-700. Most of these come with a 5 year warranty on the motor. I found a variety of price ranges on the Internet. Based on reviews I found, many people have paid less for a new vacuum. If you buy it new, be sure to ask about trading in your old vacuum.
A Filter Queen vacuum is likely to last 30 to 40 years or longer. How many other machines might you end up buying over that time? The price for a new model is admittedly steep. And you also have to consider replacing a few parts along the way. But if you spread the cost over the period of ownership, it is not that expensive. These are top-of-the-line vacuum cleaners. They are still sold door to door by salespersons. I would not hesitate to purchase a used or refurbished unit since they tend to last so long. Like I said before, I purchased mine new in 1980 and would not think twice about buying another Filter Queen.