Best Vacuum For Wool Berber Carpet in 2023
Soniclean Soft Carpet Vacuum Cleaner/Handheld Combo
- Adjustable vent system for easy maneuverability on soft style carpeting
- Special soft nylon brush roll bristles – effective, yet gentle on soft style carpeting
- Large front wheels – allows the vacuum to “float” on soft style carpeting making it easy to push and pull
- 200 sonic vibrations per second loosen deep, ground-in dirt and dust
- Sophisticated jam sensor technology automatically shuts off the vacuum if it senses a jam
Super Area Rugs Soft Wool Textured Pebble Berber Mid-Century Modern Rug 4' x 6', Stone Grey
- ALL NATURAL : Wool and Jute provide both durability and comfort.
- VERSATILE: Subtle berber rug that will complement any decor type from boho to mid-century modern.
- EASY TO MAINTAIN: Easy to clean and care for. This rug can be vacuumed using a hight setting vacuum or handwashed to make it look like new.
- REVERSIBLE: Ideal for living rooms, bedrooms and family rooms our eco-friendly rugs are reversible. Advantageous is the usability of both sides, which makes them very hard-wearing.
- HYPOALLERGENIC: Colors are natural only in our organic wool rugs, no chemicals, or dyes are being used so they are 100% safe for children or those with sensitive allergies. So, especially suitable for children’s rooms and of course a high attraction in living rooms.
Capture Carpet Dry Cleaner Powder 4 lb - Deodorize Allergens, Stain Smell Moisture from Rug Furniture Clothes and Fabric, Pet Stains Odor Smoke and Allergies Too
- Remove stains, smells and eliminate moisture that contributes to growth of bacteria, mold, allergies, dust mites. FOR ALLERGY RELIEF Use Every 8 Weeks
- Prolong life of carpet and fabrics. Combine with Capture Pre-Mist for very difficult stains spots and spills. Remover of dirt, odors and allergens from pets, dogs, cats and moisture
- Safe for all types of carpets, fabric, silk, surfaces and material. Spots will not reappear. Re-sealable lid, easy storage container.
- Absorbent deep cleaning powder: Wet cleaners add moisture to your carpets, rugs, upholstery, furniture, sofa, couch to create the ideal environment for mold, allergens and bacteria to grow. Capture Dry Powder Cleaner removes the moisture, making it difficult for these unwanted growths to live.
- 4lb Pail Made in the USA. Highest Quality, if you are not in LOVE with Capture products, send back for a full refund.
nuLOOM Moroccan Blythe Area Rug, 8' x 10', Grey/Off-white
- Designed with resilience against everyday wear-and-tear, this rug is kid and pet friendly and perfect for high traffic areas of your home such as living room, dining room, kitchen, and hallways
- Sleek and functional 0.37” pile height allows for convenient placement in entryways, underneath furniture, and will not obstruct doorways
- Stylish and versatile, this Moroccan-inspired rug adds the right amount of chic to your space
- A neutral color palette ensures this rug can be seamlessly integrated into any existing décor
- Easy to clean and maintain, we recommend vacuuming regularly and spot treating for any mild stains with carpet cleaner. Dry cleaning recommended for major stains
Grandi Groom AB24 Carpet Rake, 18-Inch Head, 54-Inch Handle, Blue
- LIFTS PET HAIR: Simultaneously loosen and lift deeply embedded soil particles and pet hair for efficient extraction and cleaning.
- 18-INCH HEAD: The Extra wide (18 inch) head covers large areas quickly so less time in required to finish a room.
- "LIKE NEW" APPEARANCE: Restructure the original design of the carpet to restore the resilient effect.
- BEFORE VACUUMING: Use a "push-pull" method to raise trapped-in dirt and loosen embedded hair for easy removal.
- AFTER VACUUMING: Use a "push-pull" method to lift the carpet pile and make vacuum track marks disappear.
Stone & Beam Modern Global Ikat Wool Area Rug, 8 x 10 Foot, Blue
- 80% Wool 20% Cotton
- Ikat geometric patterns in this rug will be an eye-catching focal point in your room. This multi-colored rug will pull together furniture in a living area or make a style statement in an entryway. The 100% wool pile is durable for a busy family.
- 8' x 10'
- Hand-tufted in India
- Medium pile height makes it durable and easy to vacuum
- Vacuum, professionally clean
- Pair with a rug pad, which is sold separately
- Ships tightly rolled in a protective bag
CLEANOVATION Rug Renovator/Carpet Cleaning Brush
- Unique1 Rug Renovator brush head & 1 removable telescoping handle
- Save time and money by quickly utilizing one tool to clean carpeting, high traffic areas and area rugs
- Two brush settings for carpet (light blue for easy and dark blue for aggressive
- Remove spills, stubborn stains, worn-in dirt or embedded debris without getting on your hands and knees
- Renew the look of your carpeted areas without hiring professional cleaners
Rugs 4 Less Collection Southwest Native American Indian Runner Area Rug Design R4L 318 Beige / Berber (2'x7')
- Southwest Native American Indian Runner Area Rug (2'x7')
- Machine made in Indonesia on precision looms using olefin with jute backing
- High density super-high pile with carved effect for enhanced appearance and texture
- Durable and resistant to soiling, stain, and fading. Easy to clean, vacuum regularly and spot clean
Safavieh California Premium Shag Collection SG151-1313 Area Rug, 8' x 10', Beige
- Safavieh’s #1 selling shag rug
- Amazon’s highest reviewed shag area rug with 4,900+ reviews
- Now available in over 20 different fashionable colors
- Plush texture with a cozy and luxuriously thick 2 inch pile height
- Easy care with virtually non shedding enhanced polypropylene fibers
- Crafted in Turkey using a power loomed construction for precision and clarity of color
- Style is casual, transitional, contemporary, modern, minimalist and perfect for any room: living room, bedroom, dining room, nursery, foyer, dorm room, or home office
- Safavieh has been a trusted brand in home furnishings for over 100 years, providing quality craftsmanship and unmatched style
- Note: Please note that colors may differ slightly due to variances in computer monitor screens, and all rug sizes are approximate in measurement
Safavieh Natural Fiber Collection NF143C Marble and Beige Sisal Area Rug (8' x 10')
- These rugs are made of natural materials such as jute, sisal, and sea grass
- Each rug is hand made and hand woven
- Great for any home, from a beach house to a city apartment
- This rug measures 8' x 10'
- For over 100 years, Safavieh has been crafting rugs of the highest quality and unmatched style
- Pile height is 0.5 inches
DIY Carpet Cleaning: How to Look like You Got New Carpet
How to make your old carpet look new again.
There are, however, some steps you can take to give your old carpet a facelift at a fraction of the cost.
What can you do?
The first thing to realize, if you care about having nice-looking, long-lasting carpet, is that you have to give it basic care. If you do, you can extend the its useful life by ten or more years.
If your house has the cheapest carpet sold, then you may have to give it basic care to get even five years out of it.
If you have moderate-quality carpet (or better), you can get up to 20 years of good life out of it with basic care.
What is basic carpet care?
Of number one importance is vacuuming the carpet regularly. Not the most fun activity, but oh, so important. The ideal is every day or every other day, but this isn't realistic for most of us. Once a week is a good compromise. If you vacuum less often, dirt particles work their way down to the bottom of the pile where they act like little saw blades every time anyone steps on them, cutting away at the pile of your carpet. Bit by bit, they scalp your carpet!
You need a good quality vacuum cleaner. Don't buy the cheapest one you can find. You don't need the top of the line either. It will more than pay for itself by delaying the need for new carpet. You must change the bag regularly to get much benefit from your effort. And don't forget to clean any filters. (My Hoover Wind Tunnel has two filters.) This will not only make your vacuum work better; it will extend the life of the machine and save you more money there as well.
When I finally invested in a good vacuum cleaner, I couldn't believe how much junk it took out of my carpet. I'd been in the habit of vacuuming fairly regularly, but I had no idea how inefficient my old vacuum was.
Not only did it clean better, it made the nap on my carpet stand up again. That alone gave a fresh look to the carpet. After a thorough going-over with the new vacuum (it took two bags!), the carpet already looked noticeably newer.
The upright cleaner
Your carpet needs to be "washed" as well as vacuumed. Every six months is the recommended interval to have it steam cleaned according to many carpet manufacturers, but that can vary depending on how heavily traveled your rooms are. A lot of pets and/or kids may cause you to wish you could clean the carpet more often. I suggest you invest in a carpet cleaner of your own so you can whip it out whenever the mood strikes you. I've tried several types, including the ones you rent at the grocery store, and I wasn't impressed until I borrowed a Hoover Steam Vac. It's easy to use and it does a great job. I now own one.
It was a little embarrassing to see how much dirt this machine took out of my carpet the first time I used it. My carpet was 12 years old at the time and still looked pretty good. But after cleaning it with the Steam Vac, I was amazed. It looked different and I could remember now why I'd chosen it in the first place. I really liked the way it looked. And the icing on the cake was when two different people asked me if I'd gotten new carpet!
Here's a tip on which carpet detergent to use with your cleaner. Try none. Use just hot water. I've experimented with and without detergent. The hot water gets out almost as much dirt and it makes your carpet cleaner in the long run because of an interesting phenomenon. It's hard to get the soapy water completely out of the carpet. Any soap residue left behind attracts dirt like a magnet. Your carpet will "dirty" up much faster. If you must use detergent, try using ¼ as much as the directions say.
It's important to deal with stains and messes promptly. The longer they wait, the greater the odds they'll permanently discolor your carpet. Pick up any non-liquid parts with paper towels, then use your carpet cleaner to remove the stain.
If it's a pet stain, especially urine, you'll need to neutralize it as well. This is important for two reasons. One, you probably don't want to smell urine in your house. Two, if you don't remove the urine smell, you risk having your pet stain the same area again.
I've tried many, many brands of urine neutralizer and my favorite is Nature's Miracle. It contains enzymes that digest urine. I would suggest a modification to the directions, however.
They say blot up as much liquid as you can. I say use your carpet cleaner because it gets more liquid out than you can blot. The directions tell you then to saturate the soiled area with the product, being sure to get clear down to the carpet pad. I agree. The next step is where we differ. They say to let it air dry. I say cover the entire area with a piece of plastic (like a garbage bag) and weight it down. Leave the plastic on for 24-48 hours. This gives the enzymes enough time to completely do their job. After 24-48 hours, remove the plastic and let the area air dry. If you still smell urine, repeat the process.
The hand-held cleaner
I also own and recommend a more portable cleaner, like the Bissell Clean Green Machine. Having both this and the upright cleaner is a bit of a luxury. You could do with one or the other. But having both means small stains get cleaned up right away. The portable cleaner is faster and easier than the upright cleaner for small areas but it's not practical for a whole room.
A little time can save big money
A small but regular investment of your time can easily double or triple the lifespan of your carpet. This is a mixed blessing. With proper care, you'll probably be sick of the color of your carpet long before it's wearing out!