10 Best Way To Clean Carpet On Stairs
Updated on: March 2023
Best Way To Clean Carpet On Stairs in 2023
[Set of 7] Blue Stair Tread Rugs | Modern Design Trellis Lattice Carpet Pads [Easy to Clean] Rubber Non-slip Non-skid Backing | Nylon Low Pile 9" x 31" Stair Treads
Bungalow Flooring Waterhog Stair Treads, Set of 4, 8-1/2 x 30 inches, Durable and Decorative Floor Covering, Made in USA, Indoor/Outdoor, Water-Trapping, Cordova Collection, Light Gray
- USE INDOOR OR OUTDOORS - SAFE & SKID FREE ON ANY FLOOR SURFACE - Reduce risk of slipping or falling and protect your staircase with skid-resistant, quick-drying staircase treads. Suitable for indoor or outdoor use. Safe on any floor surfaces
- CAPTURES AND HOLDS UP TO 1.5 GALLONS OF WATER PER SQUARE YARD - Exclusive "Water Dam" holds up to 1.5 gallons of water per square yard of fabric. Ridged abstract design and rubber border keep water and debris on the stair treads
- 100% USA MADE, ECO-FRIENDLY QUALITY CONSTRUCTION - Premium PET fiber surface, made with up to 94% post consumer plastic materials, will not mildew or rot. High-grade construction stands up to extreme elements. Durable rubber backing is made of 20% recycled SBR rubber (Styrene Butadiene Rubber)
- DETAILS - Set of 4 treads each measuring 30-inches long by 8-1/2-inches wide by 3/8-inches high; treads are shipped rolled and flatten quickly once unpackaged
- DURABLE & EASY TO CLEAN - Ensure all flooring surfaces are clean and dry before application; for maximum traction in high-traffic areas, add double-sided tape to ensure secure support where needed. Shake or vacuum to remove loose dirt, hose clean, and line dry
House, Home and More Set of 15 Skid-Resistant Carpet Stair Treads â€“ Diamond Trellis Lattice â€“ Coffee Brown & Vanilla Cream â€“ 9 Inches X 36 Inches
- House, Home and More Skid-Resistant Carpet Stair Treads work wonderfully on most hard stair surfaces
- Made of high-quality polyester fibers, featuring a 1/4 inch pile height to provide soft comfort with each step
- Skid-resistant latex backing helps to create a safer walking environment for your family, guests and pets
- Each stair tread is beautifully finished on all edges and easy to clean; they can be vacuumed or spot cleaned and are machine washable; air-dry only
- This Diamond Trellis design is sure to compliment any décor, from vintage to contemporary motifs; warm hues of coffee brown and vanilla cream easily coordinate with a wide variety of colors, while the classic appeal of diamonds brings poise to your home
YYXLIFE Double Sided Carpet Tape for Area Rugs Carpet Adhesive Rug Gripper Removable Multi-Purpose Rug Tape Cloth for Hardwood Floors,Outdoor Rugs,Carpets.Heavy Duty Sticky Tape,2Inch x 10 Yards,White
- ♛【HEAVY DUTY DOUBLE SIDED TAPE】Rug tape choose the anti slip, rug gripper tape with the strongest adhesive on the market! This is the only double sided carpet tape heavy duty,rug gripper tape that can be trusted to hold your rugs, carpets and runners, firmly in place! Surfaces include hardwood floors, marble, tile, stone, laminate, carpet to carpet. Durable & long lasting-excellent for high traffic areas such as stairs, entrance halls. Rug tape double sided carpet tape heavy duty carpet tape.
- ♛【EASY, RESIDUE-FREE REMOVAL】Carpet tape is a super-strong double sided tape heavy duty on the market, incredibly easy to use our double sided tape is bonded to paper making it easy to peel by hand.No adhesive residue guaranteed. Rug gripper tape for area rugs, long or short pile,hardwood floors. Secure bathroom rugsand cleanly remove，or keep rugs in place whilst without damaging the surface below!Rug gripper rug tape double sided carpet tape heavy duty .
- ♛【SAFE HEALTHY】Rug gripper make it using the best glue adhesive in the world, carpet tape adhesive has no taste of impurities, it passed the quality certification to ensure it is healthy and family safe. Provides utmost safety to kids, elderly and pets by preventing your carpets from slipping suddenly. It is tape heavy duty，our customer support team is always ready, 24/7 to guide you in whatever assistance you would be needing. Carpet adhesive rug tape double sided carpet tape heavy duty.
- ♛【PERFECT QUALITY TEST PRODUCT】Double sided tape in order to ensure that it is valid for life, we have carried out experimental tests on carpet tape.It has passed the rigorous test of the lowest temperature of -40℉and +140℉ of humidity and 90%RH to ensure that rug tape can work normally in any environment. Double sided carpet tape heavy duty rug tape carpet tape.
- ♛【LIFETIME GUARANTEE,NO REASON RETURN SERVICE】We are so confident in the extreme power of our rug tape, that we guarantee carpet tape for Lifetime until you want to remove it. But if you’re not satisfied with double sided tape heavy duty, please get in touch with us. We will gladly give you a 100% refund. No Questions Asked! YYXLIFE is a USA Company with US Based Customer Support! Double sided carpet tape heavy duty carpet tape rug tape.
eufy Anker, BoostIQ RoboVac 11S (Slim), Super-Thin 1300Pa Strong Suction, Quiet, Self-Charging Robotic Vacuum Cleaner, Cleans Hard Floors to Medium-Pile Carpets, Black
- "Best robot vacuums of 2019" by tom's guide.
- All-New RoboVac: Re-engineered to be the slimmest* RoboVac (2. 85'') but with quiet operation and increased suction power at 1300Pa. Walking Speed-10.5 in/s
- BoostIQ Technology: Automatically increases suction power within 1. 5 seconds when extra vacuuming strength is needed to get the best clean.
- A Quiet Clean: Vacuums for up to 100 minutes** on hardwood floors with consistent, powerful suction at a volume no louder than an operating microwave.
- Premium Features: Anti-scratch tempered glass-top cover for protection, infrared-sensor for evading obstacles, and drop-sensing tech to avoid falls. Automatically recharges so it’s always ready to clean.
- What You Get: RoboVac 11S, remote control (2 AAA batteries included), charging base, AC power adapter, cleaning tool, extra set of high-performance filters, 4 side brushes, 5 cable ties, welcome guide and our worry-free 12-month .
Double Sided Carpet Tape with Strong Stickiness, Anti-Slip Heavy Duty Rug Tape for Area Rugs, Carpets, Runners, Mats, Stair Treads, Pads (2 Inch x 22Yards)
- ✅【Super Adhesive】More sticky than duct tape, our carpet tape adopts advanced technology and high quality material that retains adhesion a lot better than ordinary tapes on the market.
- ✅【Non-skid, Keep your Family Safe】Provides the strongest adhesive to rough or smooth surfaces, this anti-slip rug tape ensures that carpet is attached firmly to the ground and prevents elders and kids injuring themselves by slipping or the curling carpets.
- ✅【Easily Remove and Residue-free】The professional heavy duty rug tape has special structure which will not leave any sticky residue or damage floor surface when you need to remove it to clean your floor.
- ✅【Wide Application】It's not only used at home, but also can be used on heavy traffic areas such as entrance of halls, step stairs, kitchens & hallway runners. You can also use it for events' decoration on temporary sites like auditoriums, churches, conference rooms, classrooms, apartments, stage and exhibition site.
- ✅【Moisture-proof and Environment-friendly】Our double sided carpet tape is made of high quality and environment-friendly material, which ensure strong sticky while we carry out moisture-proof test to ensure the rug tape can work normally in any environment.
Bissell Featherweight Stick Lightweight Bagless Vacuum, 2033, One Size Fits All, Blue
- Powerful, convenient, and easy to use
- Powerful suction makes it great for quick pick ups with multipurpose versatility
- Versatile cleaning three machines in one: a stick vacuum, handle vacuum, and stair vacuum
- With a crevice tool for furniture and a floor Nozzle for stairs
- Clean hard floors and surface dirt on carpets and area rugs. Surface Type:Counter Tops, Sealed Hard Floors, Low Pile Carpet. Dirt Cup Capacity: 0.67 liter
BISSELL Cleanview Rewind Pet Deluxe Upright Vacuum Cleaner, 24899, Green
- Every BISSELL purchase helps save pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Triple Action Brush Roll loosens, lifts and removes embedded dirt and pet hair from multiple surfaces
- Scatter-Free Technology reduces scatter on hard floors
- Automatic Cord Rewind wraps the 27’ power cord for you so you never have to wrap the cord again
- Edge-to-edge cleaning provides a powerful clean all the way to the edge of every room in your home
- Large capacity, Easy Empty Dirt Tank empties with the press of a button
- Specialized pet tools including the Pet TurboEraser Tool, Pet Hair Corner Tool, Dusting Brush, Crevice Tool, and Extension Wand are kept close by while cleaning with on-board storage
BISSELL Cleanview Rewind Pet Bagless Vacuum Cleaner, 2489, Blue
- Every BISSELL purchase helps save pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets
- Triple Action Brush Roll loosens, lifts and removes embedded dirt and pet hair from multiple surfaces.
- Scatter-Free Technology reduces scatter on hard floors.
- Automatic Cord Rewind wraps the 25’ power cord for you so you never have to wrap the cord again.
- Edge-to-edge cleaning provides a powerful clean all the way to the edge of every room in your home
- Large capacity, Easy Empty Dirt Tank empties with the press of a button.
- Specialized pet tools including the Pet TurboEraser Tool, Dusting Brush, Crevice Tool, and Extension Wand are kept close by while cleaning with on-board storage.
BLACK+DECKER dustbuster Handheld Vacuum, Cordless, 16V (CHV1410L)
- Lithium Ion for long battery life and outstanding performance; Always ready holds a charge for upto 18 months
- Long life, Lightweight, and no memory effect.Suction Power 15.2 AW; Dustbowl Capacity: 20.6 ounces
- Smart Charge Technology uses upto 50 percent less energy,air Watts: 15.2 Watts, Voltage: 16V MAX
- Cyclonic action helps to keep the filter clean and power strong, translucent bagless dirt bowl easy to see dirt and empty
- Rotating slim nozzle for a variety of applications, removable, washable bowl and filters for thorough cleaning
- 2 Year Limited Warranty. Note: Charging instructions can be seen in Page 4 to 5 and Direction for cleaning filters and canisters can be seen in Page 5 to 7 on Installation Manual available under technical specification
How to Clean Carpets the Eco-Friendly Way
Many of us are concerned about the products we use and the chemicals they contain, especially in households with children and pets. Many residential carpet-cleaning products leave residue behind.
The obvious solution to cleaning carpets without chemicals is to blot the stain up before it has time to settle in; however many times we do not notice a spill or accident until it has become one with our carpeting. If you have a juice, wine, coffee, or any other dye-based spill try using club soda on the spill. Pour enough club soda to wet the stain, but not soak the carpeting and let it sit for approximately 5-10 minutes. Finally, blot the stain with a towel and repeat as necessary. Stubborn stains may take a couple of tries until completely gone. Borax makes a great alternative to club soda, and works wonders for removing stains when mixed to create a paste. Ice is something many of us have on hand at all times, and while it is great for cooling down drinks or putting down someone's shirt; it can also be used to remove gum, glue, candle wax, and many other wax based substances. Just hold the ice cube on the substance until it hardens, then pick the substance up with ease. It may take several ice cubes or tries before the substance is hard enough to remove with fingers.
Grease is great for automobiles but not so great for carpeting, and many times, it will stay in our carpets forever. There was a time when we would cover the grease stain with a rug or piece of furniture; however, we can sometimes remove the stain with a simple sprinkling of cornstarch. Sprinkle the cornstarch on the grease stain and let it sit, preferably over night. In the morning vacuum the cornstarch up and the stain should come with it. Another alternative to cornstarch is to use baking soda. Baking soda works in the same manner, and removes any odor left by the stain.
Speaking of odors, a great trick for removing odors from your carpet without chemicals is to use baking soda. Sprinkle the baking soda across your carpet, adding a heavier amount to areas where odors are strong. Let the baking soda sit for anywhere from 30 minutes to overnight, depending upon the odor then vacuum. White vinegar diluted with water works great removing pet odors; however, vinegar does not have the most pleasant aroma. An alternative to vinegar is Borax, I recommend the 20 Mule Team, as it is non-toxic. The borax works the same as the baking soda, just sprinkle it down, and then vacuum. I do not recommend leaving the borax on for an extended period as it does become difficult to vacuum up when left on too long.
An alternative way to remove odors from your carpets is to create a mixture of essential oils and baking soda. The recipes for this mixture vary, but I found mixing one drop of essential oil with a box of baking soda works best. Some recipes call for as much as twenty drops of essential oil, however I found that amount of oil was too much. It is important that you research the type of oil you would like to use, as some are harmful to the skin. Check with your local health store, or aromatherapy store to find out, which essential oils are best to use.
Hydrogen peroxide is a great alternative for cleaning pasta sauce stains, blood, red wine and other red-based stains out of carpeting. Always test a small area to make sure it does not "bleach" out the color from your carpeting, then use a cotton ball and dab the peroxide onto the stain. Let the peroxide sit for about 10 minutes, and then gently blot with warm water to remove the peroxide and the stain.
If you are insistent on using a product to clean your carpeting then I recommend the following:
1) Seventh Generation Carpet Spot and Stain Remover
The Seventh Generation Carpet Spot and Stain Remover works wonders for cleaning stains from carpeting. It is all natural, biodegradable, and non-toxic so you do not have to worry about exposure to harsh chemicals. Before using the product, blot up the stain with a cloth or towel; never rub the stain, as you will actually push it deeper into the carpeting. Spray the Carpet Spot and Stain Remover, and then let it sit. The time varies upon the depth of the stain, and whether it is ground into the carpet or not. Finally, blot the stain again to remove the Carpet Spot and Stain Remover, repeat if necessary.
2) BioKleen Carpet Kleen
A friend of mine swears by Carpet Kleen by a company named BioKleen. She informed me that their products are safe, natural, and environmentally friendly. They are non-toxic and do an excellent job in cleaning various areas. For tough stains, the BioKleen website recommends using their Pre-Spotter, then using the Carpet Kleen to clean the whole carpet. My friend has an older Bissell Carpet Cleaning Machine and she said that the Carpet Kleen works well with the machine. The BioKleen web site also states that the product is usable in all carpet cleaning machines.
In a perfect world, we would all have flooring that does not stain, and is easy to clean. However, for many of us that is not possible. The market today is focusing on environmentally friendly, green ways of cleaning without the use of chemicals. Obviously, there are ways to prevent stains, like removing your shoes and keeping kids off carpeted floors; but how realistic are those options? For many of us, they are not very realistic so we find ways to clean the stains without the use of chemicals. In conclusion, it is important to research any products fully and always perform a spot check before trying anything to make sure that the product will not remove the color from your carpeting.